HOWdy all. I am wanting to hang a farm-style gate between 2 existing round treated pine posts, however the ground is sloping about 330mm from one side to the other and also sloping downhill past the gate. I am looking to get the gate custom-made to fit the space and account for the cross-fall to remove the gap from gate to ground (so the dog can't get out) (max 2870mm wide at the top and 2910mm at the base - both being horizontal measurements not sloping). Therefore ends of gate will be vertical but top/bottom will be parallel to the ground. (parallelogram ???)

The high side is the 2nd post of a standard end assembly and the low side has a 45degree support post off it into the ground.

I think if I hinge from either the high or low side the slope (with regards to clearance) will allow the gate to swing the away from me (towards downslope) but not towards me (upslope) - so i'm OK with the direction of swing.

My question is - am I best to hinge the gate from the high side post or the low side ????

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...