Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default POSSIBLE GROUP BUY - EASSON 3-axis Digital Read Outs

Hi all,

As the message thread says, there is the possibility for sourcing brand new 3-axis EASSON RS-12 Digital Read Outs(their new DRO which replaces the ES-10), complete with 3 of their linear scales for just over AU$400 (price at the factory in China). I cant stress this enough - this price is ex-China. I would import them and then split costs between purchasers. I dont have an accurate price for this yet - but with air freight from China, Customs fees, quarantine, etc - I have an educated guess of around $150-$200 per set. This takes the price to approx $600 per set. I would confirm all these costs/prices prior to ordering of course.

Why am I doing this - read on.
    I am buying either a new AL960B/AL336 or a second hand AL960B. Also coming my way is a mill - at this stage the new HM-45 - to be renamed HM-46 according to H&F man in Perth. Digital readouts sound like a good solution to backlash in these cheaper machines. I have purchased thousands of dollars of gear from overseas over the last 5 years and I have made contact with the manufacturer of Easson DROs in China. Their minimum order is ten sets of gear - I only need two - hence this thread. Who would be interested in a new DRO set for their machine?

They come in five or six types - I have priced the ones for lathe and mill. Scales are more expensive the longer they get. Prices below.

RS-12M3X Digital Readout for 3 axis Milling Machine: $168/ set
    RS-12L3X Digital Readout for 3 axis Lathe: $168/ set
    100mm $55
    200mm $63
    300mm $68
    500mm $80
    550mm $83
    950mm $114

Scales are available in different lengths. These are the ones I priced - but I need to confirm the sizes I need before ordering.

Anyone interested? Questions? Comments?

Look forward to seeing what you all think.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Dave J Guest

I have seen the new 3-axis Easson DRO's that do all machines Mill,Lathe ,Grinder, etc.You might want to think about going for it instead of the RS-12 M and L. They showed them in last months news letter from Hare and Forbes and are now on there website to have a look at.Easson have just caught up with this model as the other brands have had these same features built in for years.If you have a look on Ebay they have a Sino for under $600 delivered.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SINO-3-axis-d...d=p3911.c0.m14
    All the brands are pretty much the same in this price range. Some are easier to use from the front panel as you dont have to go into the sub menu for some of the settings.I know this as both my older miester 3 axis DRO's are easier to use over than my new Sino 3 axis DRO.
    By the time you get everybody together to buy the other 8 it might become one big headache for you if somthing didn't work or was broken when they recieved it,there is the problem of return postage etc as well.
    I would ask the dealers on ebay for a price on 2 sets of DRO's posted of which ever brand you prefer and you might find it cheaper than you buying direct from the factory as they usually have a conection with the factory them self. When I bought my Miesters the seller listed it to customs as machine parts of $150 value. I did not pay any extra for importing only the Ebay price plus shipping.Also if you have problems they help you sort it out as they don't want the bad feedback.
    Just my thoughts.
    Dave