Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Rhino Linings

Default Rhino Linings

I've just bought a new ute so the long suffering Mrs. Wood can collect timber and other stuff for me. We take delivery of the ute early next month and I want to protect the ute's tub from day one so it doesn't get too scratched or damaged.

I've had a look around at various plastic tub liners, but I also came across Rhino Linings. A drop-in tub liner would cost around $350 and from what I can gather, the spray-on Rhino lining would cost around $800.

Does anyone have experience of either liner and if so, why would I want to pay double for the Rhino job?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Never heard of or seen the Rhino Lining but have a drop in tub liner in my ute and it has had its fair share of knocks and loads and has so far held up very well for the last 3yrs, tub does have a few gouges and scratches plus I also have a rubber mat in there as well to help stop things sliding too much as the plastic tub by itself is very slippery.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Good to know DJ, thanks!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Here you go WW, picture of ute with a load not all that long after I bought the ute

Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

That isn't a bit of Cherry I see in there is it?

Regards, Woodwould.

The yanks use the drop in tubs a lot, I haven't seen the rhino stuff but I wouldn't bother with it. DJs cops a hiding from all the steel, wood, dogs and machine bits he carts around and it still looks good and is pretty tough. Worst case you can remove the liner and drop another in prior to sale. I don't know what you can do with the Rhino stuff to repair it but you can get two liners for one rhino job.

I have never used either one as my ute is a trayback, so I dont have first hand experience,
    but I have heard of moisture getting under the drop in linings and causing corrosion.

As Iron wood so rightly says .... yes there is a potential for moisture to be trapped between the plastic drop ins and the metal. Over time if NOT treated or attended to it will cause a problem ie one day the a**e end will fall out, How do I know?
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

A few days down the track but I might be able to help. Rhino linings are TOUGH with lots of capitals. I cannot envision being able to penentrate the stuff. They are also a permanent spray on coating which AFAIK cannot be removed. I would imagine that drop in plastic liners would move and abrade the paint under them over a period of time so that might be worth considering also
    CHRIS

Thanks, I've decided to have the tub sprayed by Rhino.

Regards, Woodwould.