Hello all

I bought a two-person bench from a local highschool, it has two leg vises (left front leg) and two planningstops (behind the legvise). So what's my problem? For some reason I prefer a vise on the right front side. I was thinking I could use the two screws from the legvises and use them to create a double screw vise on the right front side. Problem is that the legs and the front of the benchtop are flush so attaching a skirt underneath is my problem. Google did not help me much since most people plan the vise into the bench or attach it to the end of the table (can't do that because of the limited space in the garage). Now I can think of two solutions: option one is fitting two shorter skirts underneath, one to the left of the leg and one to the right of it. Option 2 is attaching one skirt that will be in front of both the benchtop and the leg (leaving a little space between the leg and the skirt for expansion). I've attached three pictures for clarity.
My main worry is that the seasonal expansion of the benchtop will cause trouble. I plan on minimizing this by moving the tennon between the leg and the benchtop from the right back to the right front (to try and get the wood to expand at the back of the table rather than at the front).

I would love to hear your thoughts on both (and other) options.
I prefer option 1 but I'm not 100% certain it will work.

Jasper