This is my first post, so hello to everyone

I have recently started hearing scampering feet (paws?) in my ceiling space - usually starts late in the day, just before dusk. They sound like bird or rat sized because it is not that loud, there is no thumping, no squeaking, just scampering

The weird thing is that I cant find anywhere for animals or birds to get in - not even a cockroach sized hole is apparent.

I live in a townhouse in the middle of a row of 8 other townhouses. It is my first ever home so am a beginner to all this home renovation and maintenance stuff - usually would just ring the landlord to sort it out

The townhouse has exposed beams - the only ceiling that has an actual space at all is in the ground floor in a very small kitchen/laundry. This room has a bedroom above it, so the sounds are definitely in between the two levels rather than from the roof.

There are no visible openings on the outside wall - ie in the brickwork at the level of the ceiling. On each side are other units - so presumably there is a brick wall at each end of the ceiling. There are a couple of mesh covered 'air vent' thingos in the wall but these are located well beneath the ceiling level

I have seen no evidence of gnawed food or droppings inside - yay!

Please help - I dont know where else to look, or what to look for! Are there hollows in the middle of brick walls or something that things can climb up and into a ceiling?

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...