Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344

Sure will Mik, although the buyers have done their homework very well and had researched the GIS quite extensively before contacting me.

Rigging practice is next week, and yes, Hakuna Matata has been returned to a conventional setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

That's great they were looking for the goat rather than just anything.

It is also super that there are boats available on the market now.

OUt of interest .. where did you advertise?

MIK

Gumtree seems to be the place these days. eBay fees are through the roof so didn't bother. Cost me $2.50 for Gumtree. Normally it's free, but the $2.50 promotes your ad to the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    Gumtree seems to be the place these days. eBay fees are through the roof so didn't bother. Cost me $2.50 for Gumtree. Normally it's free, but the $2.50 promotes your ad to the front page.

Was there a lot of interest via Gumtree.

Also did people seem to know something about the boat?

MIK

Still getting an enquiry a day on average as the ad is still up until the transaction is finalised. Nearly everyone knows the boat from the Internet, which is pretty amazing. Lots of calls asking about putting a small outboard on it.

Default Sold

Shesha, AKA Hakuna Matata is now officially sold and will soon be seen on Rose Bay, Sydney Harbour this summer, so I guess there won't be too many more posts on this thread..

Hamba kahle Hakuna Matata! (Hamba kahle means "Goodbye, go well" in Zulu)

Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    Shesha, AKA Hakuna Matata is now officially sold and will soon be seen on Rose Bay, Sydney Harbour this summer, so I guess there won't be too many more posts on this thread..

Hamba kahle Hakuna Matata! (Hamba kahle means "Goodbye, go well" in Zulu)
    I am very interested in advantages and disadvantages of different designs. This is why I am curious of why you picked to sell the GIS out of all of your boats.

Is it because you know you can always build another one if you want? Or is it something you like better in the other boats for the particular use you have them for?

Bittersweet to be sure, but it's good to know that HM has found a home. Maybe her new owner can continue the legacy here on the forum.

Congrats on the sale!
    Dave
    StorerBoat Builder, Sailor, Enthusiast
    Dave's GIS Chronicles | Dave's Lugs'l Chronicles | Dave's StorerBoat Forum Thread

Quote Originally Posted by engblom View Post
    I am very interested in advantages and disadvantages of different designs. This is why I am curious of why you picked to sell the GIS out of all of your boats.

Is it because you know you can always build another one if you want? Or is it something you like better in the other boats for the particular use you have them for?
    It's a very good question enblom! Basically, we don't get enough time to sail HM and it would be best that someone else enjoy her now. The GIS has fulfilled all my expectations, ie. it was fun, fast and simple to build. The plans were unbelievably clear, well thought out and the support and camaraderie of this forum was and is invaluable. The GIS also has great performance and is a lot of fun to sail, so I still think if I ever need another lightweight, family sized dinghy that has great performance, the GIS would have to be top of my list.

Essentially, Laser club and masters sailing takes up all my sailing time now and I am also working toward obtaining my International Race Officer qualifications. In Sept 2014 the Masters Laser Worlds are in Hyeres so we are planning a Euro trip to incorporate that regatta as I've never been to Europe. I have yet to qualify, but in any event we will still be making the trip. We both have an interest in our family histories and want to see some of the places in France and the UK where our families originated and lived over 1000 years ago. So, the cash will come in handy for airfares and for Laser charter fees . Also, we will soon be demolishing our house and rebuilding, so boat storage in the interim will be a problem. There is just so much stuff that we have accumulated over the years, (some of you will know what I'm talking about!) including a couple of old cars and their associated bits, so we are trying our best to simplify our lives. Rest assured, the new house will always have enough space for boats, a coffee machine and a bean roaster! There will almost certainly be some new projects.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344