Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Air Hose Reel

Default Air Hose Reel

Has anyone seen a small retractable air hose reel around? Bunnings had some a few weeks ago and like a fool I didn't buy one that day and they were all sold when I went back. The normal size is 30 metres but I don't need it that long or that big in size. It is going in a trailer for use at the track to pump up tyres, ten or fifteen metres would be all I need.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Have a look here.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Got mine from Glenfords in Brisbane for $99.00, 20m of hose but no fittings which added $12.00

I have an retractable hose reel from Supercheap and for the extra spare hose (to reach the other side of the house) I use an old garden hose reel. Tape it to the reel with duct tape and it works well.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    I have an retractable hose reel from Supercheap and for the extra spare hose (to reach the other side of the house) I use an old garden hose reel. Tape it to the reel with duct tape and it works well.

Peter.
    I use an old hose reel in my shed, found during a tip trip so it was a bargain. The hose reel I saw in Bunnies was very compact, just right for a trailer. What got me about the whole thing was the price, when I saw them they were $45 and when I went back they told me they had been reduced to $20 to get rid of them. Damn!! Thanks for the replies and I will keep looking.
    CHRIS

I got one of those 15m retractable ones from Bunnings. the only problem I've got with it is i need to tighten the return spring, cos when the line is charged it doesn't reel all the way back in.. when theres no air it rewinds fine.. it comes with instructions on how to do it, but I've been busy with the shed extension so havn't got around to doing it yet
    Rgds
    Rob.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
    Common Sense, Isn't quite so common
    Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

I bought a reasonable quality hand wound (crank handle) version, which I trust a lot more than the retractable ones of the same price. They are a real PIA when they decide not to work, even to the point of damaging the hose fabric, with all the reefing and snagging. A good one is a wonderful thing to behold, but not the budget versions. Beware!

Cheers
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Has anyone seen a small retractable air hose reel around? Bunnings had some a few weeks ago and like a fool I didn't buy one that day and they were all sold when I went back. The normal size is 30 metres but I don't need it that long or that big in size. It is going in a trailer for use at the track to pump up tyres, ten or fifteen metres would be all I need.
    i was at bunning today they sell on one retractratable air hose reel and sell it for $ 99 and it was 30 ft by 10

Time warp.

You are about a year late Lukey.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Time warp.

You are about a year late Lukey.
    Yes, but thanks for the thought. I still have not seen one that is small enough.
    CHRIS