Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Spindle Control Setup (DC-03)

Afternoon all,

Well i'm still pushing along with the cnc, although i don't seem to be getting too far with all the house stuff going on, but at least i am getting progress.

Anyway, since my VFD is being house inside of the High power electronic enclosure on my cnc, it will be hard to change the speeds and star/stop the spinde, so in that case i had 2 options. One was to do like Alan did and run a long display panel cable and mount it to the front for easy control. This is simple to do but i found i'd still need to bend down to access it, so the second thought was to wire in a speed control device. As it happens us, Aussies here, have a great supplier and man by the name of Peter Homann who just happens to sell digispeed controllers which are perfect for my needs.

I bought the board a few weeks back and have my spindle and VFD(Guixuan 2.2kw with Huanyang VFD) running with no quarms on the machine. I've read the manual a few times on the dc-03 but i'm not 100% on setting these up to work together and was hoping someone here might be able to help.

The wiring from the breakout board (C10 in my case) is very simple. Connect Logic power (both + and gnd) from a common source related to the pc/breakout board and 3 Outputs- 1. Signal(PWM), 2. Relay 1 (On/Off), 3. Relay 2 (Direction).

Problem is i'm not sure on connecting the second side to the Huanyang VFD and the settings needed to change in the VFD. So if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated. This way we can document it for the rest of the forum.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hello Again,

This post is really just to give an idea of what i have got and to see who can tell me otherwise. So for the second side of the DC-03 my connections (connected to VFD) so far are:

N.O 2 = FOR (Forward)
    CM = DCM (Common Ground for VFD)
    N.C 2 = N.C (Not Connected)
    N.O 1 = REV (Reverse)
    CM = DCM (Common Ground for VFD)
    N.C 1 = N.C (Not Connected)
    AV+ = V.R (Shown in Block Diagram But no terminal????)
    Vout = V.I
    Agnd = ACM

Am i missing any other connections to the VFD, external sources etc. Also i'm thinking with it being controlled by the Mach 3 software, there is no need for an on/off on the second relay obviously since it will only send a signal when used. This is why Directions are being controlled by the seperate relays.

The main thing i am unsure of is setting the VFD settings (PD0000 etc) for control by software. I'm thinking the first changes would be to tell the VFD to use the inputs rather than the front panel control.

Anyway, again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Daniel,

In the VFD controller I believe you need to set PD001 = 1 to tell it to use an external source.
    Other than that I am unsure of what to do. I expect Peter Homann would be able to help given he sells these units and has connected his up to his spindle.

/M

Thanks Mike,

That confirms that one at least. I think PD002 would have to be the same too (Source of Operating Frequency).

I'll just have to sit tight and wait for Peter to hop on here and post, that way he can do it in his time as i'm sure he busy with emails.

Daniel