Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Kershaw Double Cross pocket knife?

Hi All,

Does anyone have one of these in Australia? If so, where did you get it from?

I know Rick Weibe from Canada sells them, but his price is a lot higher than the other sites I've seen. problem is I can't find one of the others that have the modified knife that will send overseas.

Thanks. Russell.
    Pen Affair Craft Supplies - Cheapest Pearl Ex & Pemo Polymer Clay in Australia
    http://craftsupplies.penaffair.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Sorry my mistake on Rick Weibe, it's the double duty he sells, the bigger knife, not the double cross.

Has anyone used either knife? What opinions do you have?

Thanks. Russell.

I own and have used them both. I prefer the Double Duty becase its a little larger in the hand than the Double Cross, but that's largely a matter of personal preference. I've known guys who prefer it the other way. The 'Cross' is shaped pretty much perfectly for carving, right out of the box, though it needs to be sharpened. The Duty has a 'great western spay' blade as its second blade and this needs quite a bit of modification to make it a decent carving blade. The effort is well worth it though.

The steel in these knives is Japaneese AUS6A stainless... about as good as it gets for edge holding in a carving context, unless you want to go to the Crucible steels which are VERY expensive. Kershaw's guarentee is just about bullet proof so you know you have a tool you can trust.

Their other advantage over most other 'pocket' carvers is that both blades have a liner lock which prevents them snapping shut on your pinkies at unexpected times. The blades can be opened and shut with one hand too... handy when your holding your work in the other hand.

I seriously doubt that you'll find a cheaper knife than what Rick offers considering he works in Canadian dollars while most web sites talk in US. Further, he does the modifications and sharpening for you. You get the knife carving ready.

Your call, but if you can find a better deal then he can offer... get it.

Thanks for the info Whittling. Little Shavers has the double cross for about US$52, but he doesn't send O.S. There's only about 5% difference from the US and Canadian currency at the moment, but Canadian postage seems even weirder than the US. Mind you, one place estimated be $50 postage for the book, and Rick's charging about $15. Go figure....

None of the other places I've found so far offer it carving ready, so that is a value add from Rick. Just wish I'd thought about it before I ordered the Caricature book from Rick, might have saved myself some postage

Russell.