Firstly G'day all, I am new to the forum so thank you in advance for any help.

I have just purchased a new house and among several other jobs on the list one has just popped up that I figure has to be brought to the top of the list.

I recently noticed a bit of a smell coming from under the house. I cannot find any crawlspace access for the house, so I was limited to peering throught ventilation grills. What I saw was a bit of a bugger! there was what seemed to be grey water pooling under the house!!! It did have a bit of a smell to it but I know it is not sewer, at least not from our house as the bathroom is on the other side of the house and seems to be working fine.

The first issue is getting access to the crawlspace as I have no access or at least cannot find what is the easiest way to create an access point for now and into the future. I have what seems to be concrete foundations around the perimiter, with a combination of brick support walls and brick pillars for the remaining internal supports.

Q1. Do I cut through the floorboards or the outer foundation wall to create the access?

Q2. Once I have pinpointed the issue what is the best way to remove the water?

Thank you

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...