Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has Triton abandoned Australia?

Does Triton distribute to any Australian retailers anymore?

Following these threads it seems obvious all their new stock is being sold overseas at the moment. Have I missed a thread which explains where their stock is being sold here?

Only places that seem to sell their stock is online sites like ebay and Greys.
    However, auctions like this prove how dodgy greys really are. (claiming rrp was $700! $259 sounds like an awesome price until you add all their hidden charges)

A few month's back Stuart started a Triton are BACK survey, but that seems to have died a quiet death. Supposedly Eagle bought a heap of old spares when GMC went belly up, but haven't heard from him in a few months either.

Only clue seems to be that Bairnsdale Electrics has some stock.

So have we been completely abandoned?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default triton\gmc

You're right John,i've been following triton\gmc like you since early this year,[GREY'S,EAGLE,STU'S SHED,EBAY] the bloke in england is very helpful at least he reply's to emails quickly so you know where you stand,
    i've bought from bainsdale elect & he's good to deal with, but i think some of the bidders must be sniffing their glue before they bid,some of the prices [WOW]
    kerry.

Well, if Triton ARE supposed to be selling through some 'official' channel here, I'd say they have made a complete dog's breakfast of it. They have lost what little remaining credibility they had IMHO. I've tried contacting the local email address given on their webpage with no success.

I've purchased enough spares from Woodworking Centre (UK) to keep my Triton router running for a few years (fingers crossed). I know that a group buy of Triton spares from the UK is being organised through this forum. After all the hassles to get spares, I know I'll never touch Triton products again, even if they do sort out local distribution

The only unknown for me is whether Carbatec NZ are going to be stocking Triton products and spares. Several people have mentioned this possibility, but I've not heard from anyone that has actually purchased Triton bits through them. Might be useful when my MOF001 breaks a new part that I hadn't thought to get spares for......

The way things are looking, NZ might be the closest supplier we get.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brush View Post
    They have lost what little remaining credibility they had IMHO.
    After all the hassles to get spares, I know I'll never touch Triton products again, even if they do sort out local distribution
    The way things are looking, NZ might be the closest supplier we get.....
    I have a couple of Triton items and will never buy another .I am sick to death af all the promises from people in the know(so they say) filling us up with hope and blow it out your RS stories Time after time we were told more fairy stories than a kid gets in its lifetime and worse still I sucked them up.We were left in the dark and our warranties mean nothing.Then we were told parts of the company were bought by the same people.I am out of here..I was given 2 Triton screwdrivers about 12mths ago and havent used them,I am going to sell them.I have no idea what is the right story and it sounds like most of us are the same
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. As far as I'm concerned, they're gone and wont come back. I'll believe this until I see concrete evidence to the contrary... Promises here or anywhere else don't cut it.

I'm in a quandry with the tools. I ahve a WC2000 with the TSA001 saw, and two M0F001 routers with very little work on any of it. With the silly prices people are paying I often wonder if I should cash in, or keep what were rightly regarded as excellent tools...

Leaning towards keeping them all and enjoying them. Triton going under didn't change the quality of the tool and how good they are to use, but the lack of support is a concern.

Cheers,
    Dave
    ...but together with the coffee civility flowed back into him
    Patrick O'Brian, Treason's Harbour

The annoying thing is.....it could all have been so different.

Australia probably has the largest installed base of Triton products, plenty of enthusiastic users and promotion (Stu's Shed for example)..........the perfect market.

A good first move would have been to set up a small but efficient supply chain for spares to rebuild faith in the brand, then bring new products back according to demand.

How could they stuff this up so thoroughly?????

Bairnsdale Electronics (whoever they are)??? Is that the extent of Triton's relaunch here??????
    Last edited by Mr Brush; 18th December 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

G'day Guys,
    back on the 6th Nov i mentioned that I got a message from Dahlens in Box Hill saying that they expect Triton to start distributing in March/April of next yr. only selective items and stores (no Bunnings)..........????????? Lets hope that will eventuate....at the moment take it or leave it.
    As far as I'm concerned, I believe they will(hopefully) the reason is that they're an OZ.co. and i don't see as to why they won't be back when there is such a big market for them here and o/s. They still have an office in E/Melb with their management still operating, I believe because of GMC that they got to serve their time b4 starting up again.
    That's the way I see it and only time will tell...i'm sticking by them and believe in the products as 1st class
    Thanks
    Jack

Your printing is a bit small Jack You are a very trusting person Jack.
    It might be fair to say that a lot ,maybe most old triton owners are upgrading.Getting rid of their 2000's an MK III and getting very good prices as well.This seems to mean that somehow there is a surge in new Triton owners ,and paying way to much as well.I may be wrong Maybe
    You can buy a good cabinet saw like this for $1300
    I know some people want to be able to move their saw,so they dont buy one,This isnt too far off the cost of a kit of Triton stuff including the saw needed to go with the 2000.And miles better

Hi Aussie,
    yes I'm a trusty person but I also believe in good Australian products that are up to the standards of o/s products if not better, but, we of course cannot compare a commodore with a rolls royce.
    When Triton were around a lot of people knocked them and critised them, now that they have stopped the same people are realising how good the products were and still are.
    As far as prices are concerned, this is typical supply and demand and once Triton start distributing here I'm sure that the prices will stabalise if not drop and this will put a lot of wolves out of the picture.
    Lets wait and see.
    Regards
    Jack

Sorry, but how hard would it be for 'THEM' to let 'US' know what is going on??

That's most of the problem here, and why a lot of people are getting annoyed. Many rumours about the rebirth of Triton have been posted on here (including yours), but if Triton DO plan on relaunching in Oz how hard would it be for them to let their customers know?? Next year is fine by us, just tell us what they are planning to do.

They must be well aware of the existence of this forum (if nothing else through Stuart's efforts on their behalf). I gather from another thread that even he doesn't know what is going on either, despite having organised a survey to find out what Triton products would be most desirable in the event of a relaunch.

I agree. It kind of makes some sense from a business perspective to target the most populous countries first for the relaunch, but it would be good for them to let us know what the deal is.
    The other day I described to my daughter how to find something in the garage by saying "It's right near my big saw". A few minutes later she came back to ask: "Do you mean the black one, the green one, or the blue one?".

Wink Triton / gmc rip

It looks as if Triton and GMC are both dead They are unlikely to ever regain Australia as a great place to sell their gear. I feel fortunate that I only have a router table the kids bought me 15 years ago, and one small gmc router ( 5 Years ) so have my moneys worth out of both at this point in time.

Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brush View Post
    Sorry, but how hard would it be for 'THEM' to let 'US' know what is going on?? Would be very easy

That's most of the problem here, and why a lot of people are getting annoyed. Many rumours about the rebirth of Triton have been posted on here (including yours), but if Triton DO plan on relaunching in Oz how hard would it be for them to let their customers know?? Next year is fine by us, just tell us what they are planning to do.

They must be well aware of the existence of this forum 2 Triton employees( were members of the WWF .one left or put off work and the other just faded away .If nothing else through Stuart's efforts on their behalf). I gather from another thread that even he doesn't know what is going on either, despite having organised a survey to find out what Triton products would be most desirable in the event of a relaunch.
    We are treated like mushrooms and get alot of bull fertilizer on us
    I have a bit of GMC stuff but am prepared to throw it out when it wont work.I got it very cheap.Still I thought I was getting a 2 year warranty when I bought it.Why would I want to buy some more of their stuff?

I hear what you say, but as a business they cannot and will not tell their customers what their business plans are, no one does. Can anyone tell how much the price of petrol tomorrow will be??????? Do the oil companies tell us what their plans are???? or any other retail businesses tell their customers of their business plans?
    Like many other OZ businesses have left our shores to manufacture o/s and didn't tell their customers and we still call them Aussie companies.
    We all know that Triton is manufacturing and selling o/s were the markets are bigger so I cannot see as to why they cannot start here whether in full capacity or not remains to be seen but surely they realise that there is a big demand locally and maintaining their management here counts for something.
    Regards
    Jack

Are you suggesting that the NZ market for Triton is bigger than the Australian market???? Why are distribution arrangements in NZ ahead of anything here?

Triton always enjoyed a degree of goodwill from their Australian customer base, despite several quality problems, issues with supply of spares, etc. The Triton community here was always very accommodating, but I think its safe to say from the comments on this thread and others that they have completely blown that. As some posters have said, having been screwed by a company and left with unsupported products (but still under warranty?), why on earth would I buy from them again?

I'm just glad I didn't buy any of the products that they launched towards the end of their existence (e.g bobbin sander, thicknesser, wetstone sharpener), as that would have been money down the drain the first time something went wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast