Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Triton router TRA001 - what were standard accessories

Can someone please help me with what were the standard "in the box" accessories that came with the TRA001.
    I have searched around but cannot find the answer.
    I bought a great TRA001 at a garage sale but it didn't come with a spanner or guide etc. So I am now looking to find out what is missing.
    Thanks
    Lyle.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

a spanner, a fence, a basic book and an ad book for other triton products. the only thing you really need is the fence, al the other stuff is WOFTAM; an adjustable shift spanner does the job (the triton one doesnt last very long it sjust pressed metal and strips/bends/deforms relatively quickly - mine lasted about a year in my router table)

I have a spare fence you can have if you live in sydney and are willing to come get it. for $50 its yours.

PM me if you want it.
    Zed

My router is mounted in a table so I have no need for the guide and stuff. It's all yours.

I'm home all easter, PM me for contact details.

My TRA001 also came with the height winder and a straight edge router bit.

Router, metal base-plate and fence attachment, trammel attachment (for circle cutting), open-ended black metal wrench, ¼" collet reducing sleeve, ½" straight cutter, manual and registration card. I've posted a copy of the manual you can download here. See here for more details on the router. HTH

Ray

Ok, This is my first post on this site, so If I don't get all the convention right....

Anyway, it seems that there is/are/was slight variations in the contents of the kit. In addition to the bits mentioned by others here, in my kit there are a number of guides for template work including the adaptor (I assume that's what it is) for fitting them onto the base. There is also a black plastic ring which I haven't as yet figured out where it fits.

I haven't used them up till now as there wasn't a manual or instructions on how to install & use them safely.

The wrench in my kit is a quite solid cast version, more robust looking than the stamped item. However the trammel attachment was not included.
    Judging from the formed pockets in the case, there was provision for a number of items which were not included.

At the moment I'm using the router mounted on a table - works very well, although it's a tad awkward fumbling under the table with the switch/slider mechanism while wearing gloves in the colder weather.

Thank you rayintheuk for the links, for some reason I have not been able to locate a manual on the Triton site

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Old Bill
    Ok, This is my first post on this site, so If I don't get all the convention right....
    Welcome along, CoB!

Anyway, it seems that there is/are/was slight variations in the contents of the kit. In addition to the bits mentioned by others here, in my kit there are a number of guides for template work including the adaptor (I assume that's what it is) for fitting them onto the base. There is also a black plastic ring which I haven't as yet figured out where it fits.
    You mention "case" - are you sure it's a TRA001 router and not the smaller version, the MOF001, sold in some countries in kit box format:

The black ring, BTW, is a spacer provided to be used with guide bushes in a table.

The wrench in my kit is a quite solid cast version, more robust looking than the stamped item. However the trammel attachment was not included.
    Judging from the formed pockets in the case, there was provision for a number of items which were not included.
    Is the wrench silver-coloured and with a cranked end? The MOF001 didn't come with the trammel accessory, but it did come with a substantial cranked wrench to fit the new-style collets, which is why I ask about the MOF001.

Thank you rayintheuk for the links, for some reason I have not been able to locate a manual on the Triton site
    You're welcome! If, by chance, you do have the MOF001, I've now uploaded a copy of that manual for you (or anyone else!) here. HTH

Ray

@ rayintheuk
    Thank you for the manual, now I can see what I've been doing wrong!

Yes, I believe you are right, the model I have is the MOF001 (I just love these descriptive model/ID numbers). The 1400 watt rating is right for my machine

Any chance that you know where I can pick up some information on installing/using the guides and that spacer you mentioned?

I couldn't tell looking at the photo if your case included the Table Winder Accessory, but I have it in mine and it has been quite handy, although it is not too difficult to adjust the height without it.

Thanks again, and have a good day
    (Hope all is well in your area, I understand you guys got all our leftover snow)

Any chance that you know where I can pick up some information on installing/using the guides and that spacer you mentioned?

I couldn't tell looking at the photo if your case included the Table Winder Accessory
    PM me an e-mail address and I'll write you up some instructions with pictures, if that will help.

Yes, the winding handle was included.

Ray

Hi Ray

Thank you very much, I really appreciate all your efforts

I had played with the guides and the black baseplate, so I was close
    to understanding how they worked, but
    the extra black ring had me stumped, I never thought of using it on a
    table set-up, and it didn't make sense for a hand-held operation.

Your instructions are excellent, even I can follow them.
    I had no problems opening the file.

It's experienced people like you who have a depth of knowledge and
    the willingness to make the effort to help others that make a forum like this
    a valuable source for old cranks like me.

Thanks, Bill - much appreciated!

If anyone else wants the info about using guide bushes with the MOF001 router, you'll find it here.

Ray