Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Re-setting an iPod

A couple of years ago I bought my son an iPod mini (4 gigs). This is the model that was replaced by the Nano. This past Christmas I replaced it with the latest 8 gig Nano. He is thrilled ... and my wife is thrilled, as she planned to take over his old iPod. No problem.

Anyway, I wanted to remove his music and replace it with her music. I thought that this would be as simple as removing his Library in iTunes and replacing it with hers, and this I did. However ..

When I start up the Mini, the screen shows the new Library data - all the music I have place on the machine. When I connect headphones to it I hear all this music ... BUT ...

When the Mini is attached to my wife's car stereo, what comes out is not her music but his!! It even displays the names of the songs on the screen of the car stereo (you cannot get info on the Mini while it is so connected). Disconnect the Mini, and all shows as per my installation.

What is going on? And what must I do to erase my sons music and replace it with my wife's?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Visit www.inthewoodshop.com for tutorials on constructing handtools, handtool reviews, and my trials and tribulations with furniture builds.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Charleville is offline Nocturnal and primeval - I fish at night.

Hmmm.

The first thing is to go into iTunes and check if you have clicked on the boxes that tell it which playlists you want to transfer from your computer to the iPod.

Your computer may still be under instruction to load up your son's old playlists onto the iPod.

This is something like what you will be looking for...

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

You need to unclick his selections and click on yours

If that does not work, the next step may be to reset the Ipod. If you don't have the manual at hand, you may get it from here ... Apple - Support - Manuals

Before resetting the iPod, I would give the first option above a good go.

Yesterday I lost every thing on my Ipod. I was trying to delete some things that had been down loaded twice from Itunes. I did something wrong and wiped out the Ipod. I found the Itunes restore and was able to restore every thing. You can do a restore and chose to either restore to a new Ipod status or new Ipod and restore all the things you have backed up.
    CV3
    Make today a day that will let you smile.

Default it might help

i found that when i switched to manual control on my ipod it was easier to delete the whole lot on my i pod and refill with new stuff from my music ,coz my ipod nano is1gb and my library5gb,good luck