Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi Bob,
    Yes relays are turning on and off and I am getting zero to 10 volts out of Vout on the DC06 using the Spindle DRO in Mach3.
    Checked all the VFD settings and I can't find anything to make it work properly. It runs on 50 and it will drop to about 38 if I change Mach3 to 10% spindle speed. So it looks like some sort of multiplyer not set properly. I am getting the full range of zero to 10 volt at the DC06 Vout and Mach3 are set up OK so it is something in the VFD as far as I can gather.
    Tried all the setting on PD070 and I did drop the 0-15DCDc out of the DC06 as well as power the DC06 from the onboard 10v from the VFD.
    Got me stumped at the moment.

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for chiming in. VFD works fine just get a flashing display when it is stopped. As soon as I press run it fires up the spindle and displays the speed correctly and the display is not flashing. This is without the DC06 connected as well.

Hey Sean,
    I'm nearly with you on that tip.
    Cheers,
    Rod

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions - I am finally smiling.

As expected it was one easy setting I missed. PD0072 is now set at 400 instead of 50 and all is well. It was in your list Bob but I missed it or didn't sequence the programming buttons correctly.

Just have to calibrate it now - actually I'll do a Facotry reset and start again just to make sure I have got rid of all the other parameters I tried that didn't work.

Sean, Talk about a close call it was found one minute before the hammer was going to fall.
    Cheers,
    Rod

A little help needed here.. Im just trying to run the spindle solo.. nothing but the spindle and the VFD. I've the Active and Nutural wires on R and T as suggested the earth connected to E and the 3 wires to the spindle U,V,W. I've entered all the settings as suggested and everything looks good but all I get is a flashing display... r00.00. I can't seem to get the spindle to turn.

The power light is on , the FOR light is flashing and the Hz light is on.

Brad.

Hi Brad

If all you are trying to do is run the spindle direct (not through Mach) then you should have the PD001 and PD002 set at 0 and all the other settings as per my final sheet.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Hi Bob,

Well that was pretty cool. It started up and ran flat out. At least I know it works.

Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Willson View Post
    Hi Brad

If all you are trying to do is run the spindle direct (not through Mach) then you should have the PD001 and PD002 set at 0 and all the other settings as per my final sheet.

Bob

Bob the spindle master
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

Hi Brad,
    Does your display flash when it is turned off - ie the spindle is not running.
    Mine does and I want to find out if this is a normal state.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hmm.. I'll have a look... better yet, I'll make a video. I've still not how to control it manually. Only turn it off and on.

Brad.

I just watched a couple of Youtube videos of the VFD operating and their screens were flashing so it looks like a normal state.
    I find it annoying - like there is something wrong that needs your attention.
    This is the first Huanyang VFD I have fitted as the other ones I have been using are Fuling. I think I prefer the Fuling at this stage.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hi Brad,
    The manual has a different front panel to the one I got - less buttons.

It is fairly easy to operate - just press the >> key and it will cycle through the different setting. When it gets to R (RPM) use the down and up arrow to change speed. You can also do it through the F (frequency) as well. The setting will only let it go down to F120 if you have followed Bob's table.

I can recommend attaching a speed control as it is a lot easier to operate through Mach3. Bob's table and instructions are easy to follow and I used the Homann DC06 but it is probably better to go with the DC03.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hi Rod

Mine also flashes all the time. As you said, it is annoying.

I have just searched all through the manual looking for something that controls this but there doesn't appear to be anything.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Thanks Bob

Yeah I think their idea is that while it is flashing it requires input but to me it means there is an error condition. Fortunately my VFD is mounted low on the cabinet so it will not be obvious.

Thanks again for all your effort on this thread - it works.
    Cheers,
    Rod

This will fix it guys

I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

Is that for my specs or the VFD display?
    Cheers,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rodm View Post
    A lot of work in the cabinet but not much to show. I have done all the 240 volt switching and wiring and fitted the VFD. Not the ideal position for the VFD but nowhere else to put it.
    There is a reason for everything Rod.

Brian

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast