Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rodm View Post
    Thanks Bob,
    In a month or so I will use this to set up an exact copy of your system (C10 and DC-03) with 1.5kw air cooled spindle and 1.5kw Hyuangang (spelling ??).
    I am glad you and Mike have taken the time to document the connections This sort of information will strengthen the value of this forum.

Hi Rod
    No. My thanks to you Rod. Without your encouragement (and also that of many others) I may not have got so far. Even so, I am glad to be of service in this small repayment.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Bob,

My VFD is set at PD070 - 0 so it is running 10v. I'm only getting ~23,400PM when mach send 24kRPM. I haven't bothered fixing it yet as i am waiting to get some proper shielded cables with enough cores to do what i need. Once that is done and the board has its final placement then i will worry about getting the accurate reading, but for now i just enjoy the ease of not having to use the fiddly buttons on the front, of which on mine, the arrow doesn't work the best. Next for me is to figure out the relay setup so i can run the pump from it also. Just need time to read up on the PD settings again.

Daniel
    P.S Things like this on this forum really make my day, like you, i enjoy being able to help out someone with something i had some knowledge of, in return for all the help i received along the way. This is what makes our CNC community strong.

Hi Daniel,
    I dug out my Digispeed and found out I have the DC06 with the 5 to 15 volt isolated voltage generator on board.
    It looks like it will do the same job as the DC03 but I was hoping you could have a look for me to see if I have got that right.
    Link
    Cheers,
    Rod

Can anyone advise me how to stop the spindle from turning on when I first start up the system in the morning?

The motor turns on and runs until I start up Mach and only then does it turn itself off. It seems to run at 7200 RPM which is I think controlled by the number that is set in PD011. From my reading of the manual, this MUST be set at a number greater than or equal to 100.

It is also connected through the DC-03 and the relays on the board are active until Mach starts.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Hi Bob,
    This is normal and windows is doing it, On start up Windows sends a pulse down the parallel port to see if it is present and this is activating your spindle. When Mach3 is loaded it then defaults to the software settings and electronic control so it switches off.

My recommendation is if you have a parallel port interface then switch on the driver board and spindle after Mach3 is loaded and then turn off the driver board and spindle before closing down Mach3. If you think about it Mach3 is controlling these so having them operating without Mach3 operating is inviting problerms.

If you find this a problem then alternative is to hook in a Smoothstepper and run all your electronics through a USB port.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hi rod, i had a quick look at the dc-06 details and it so far it looks almost identical. Only thing different looks like no potentiometer input and it runs from a step/dir signal rather than PWM. The onboard dc-dc generator is optional like the dc-03. I will have more of a comprehensive look tonight or tomorrow, just busy atm trying to sort out an outlook issue as i have an important email i cannot access just yet.

Bob, one good option for your setup should be similar to mine, hook up a SDST switch on a panel somewhere which is hooked up between a 5v logic source and the enable of your BOB. This prevents outputs from the BOB until it is activated, alternatively to remove the switch it is possible to setup a charge pump to the enable. This is a small circuit that gets a signal from the PC when mach 3 is running and stable.

Daniel

Alrighty Rod,

Sorry didn't get a chance to post yesterday, i have however had a look at your dc-06 details. Obviously with the on board dc-dc generator, your output wires to the VFD will be different, but everything else is very similar for signals from the BOB to the DC-06. Your spindle setup in Mach is slightly different also with your spindle setup page its pretty simple, no pwm control tickbox rather step/dir as this is what the board uses, and then when setting up the spindle itself in outputs, you will obviously need the step and direction setup. The manual is a little easier to understand in the DC-06 but when you get around to wiring the board in, give me a buzz if you have any issue, questions or just want to clarify the full set of connections.

Daniel

Hi Bob,
    Can you check your document. You haver Pin16 connected to the DC03 as the step signal but in your table you have pin 16 as output#1 in Mach3. Pin17 connected to RL2 and pin 17 as the step pin in Mach.

I am having all sorts of trouble getting the DC06 to work but it is me I think.
    The above had me fuddled a bit until I did my own table - I think they just need changing pin 16 and 17 in Mach or the DC03. I could be totally incorrect so check your setup and don't just accept this on face value.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Rod I am very sorry, but I did make a mistake in the documents.

I have transposed the two pins that you suggested that I probably had and I am attaching a revised document. I will ask the moderators to remove the previous ones and put the new ones in their place.

I apologise again, that something that I hoped would make your life easier, instead finished up causing you extra work and angst.

Bob
    Bob Willson

Hi Bob,
    No worries at all. This electronics is a bit like a blind man looking for a black cat in a dark room.
    I have the DC06 working on the bench but not working connected to the VFD. It turns on the VFD but it sits on F050 and doesn't change from this.
    I am not sure if the VFD is OK as it sits flashing on F0000 when stopped - with or without the DC06 connected. Other than that it works fine in manual mode.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hi Rod

Glad you aren't too exasperated with me.

Have you entered ALL the VFD numbers I had in my document and have you then checked that the VFD actually accepted them?

Before doing any of this, it is a good idea to do a factory reset PDO13, 8.
    Also, according to lovehappyshopping the PDs 5, 4, and 3 need to be set in that order.

Finally, what have you set in PD070 which is the control voltage. As you are using the 15volts on board supply, this may need to be changed to a 0 which is 0 to 10 volts.

Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but sometimes, out of the mouths of babes.

Bob
    Bob Willson

Hi Bob,
    I have very carefully and methodically gone through the initial setup and got the VFD and spindle running manually. It has the flashing display when stopped but works fine and I can change the spindle speed through the VFD panel. The flashing display may be a normal condition and it would be good to know that.

Yes I did follow all the setting in your document and I have played with the PD070 setting with no effect. I am getting correct voltage (0 to 10v) out of the DC06 by measuring across the Vout and Aground on the DC06 and controlling it through Mach3.

This suggests that I haven't done something right with the VFD settings.
    Cheers,
    Rod

If you can control the speed of the VFD without changing any of the PD settings then I would look at PD000, PD001 and PD002. As it is unlikely that you have missed this then it could be that the step/dir pins need to be looked at again.

One other thing. Try removing the 15Volts supply and reset the jumper on the DC-06 board. I don't know if will make a difference, but it may.

Oh, and PD070 to 1 as well

If this still fails then I would tend to say that the fault is in the pin setup somewhere. Are you actually getting a signal to the relays and can you see the LEDs turn on and off?

Bob
    Bob Willson

Hi Rod,

I have found with my 1.5Kw VFD that I must hit the RUN button after power on to allow Mach3 control the VFD. This was noted when i used the DC-03 via Mach3. When you hit RUN, the display stops blinking and stays steady.

I hope this is what you are trying to fix and secondly it fixes your issue.

/Michael

Hit it with a hammer then you can be sure that its broken
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast