Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Agreed; and Damian's links support his claims.

This for Old Farmer:
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Old farmer View Post
    Damian, mate, it's worth reading your posts just for the bottom "Me" quote and pic. Always brings me a smile. Thanks.
    Thank you.

In person I'm a bit of a clown, but sometimes in type I come across as rather more confrontational than I intend. Losing tone and visual queues is a bit of a bother.
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Default Have one also

Bought mine about 12 months ago and find it great. As others have said, not used all the time, but very handy when required. Had to plane down the backs of a couple of doors that were sticking and so had to reset the hinges. Just used a chisel around the edges and then the tool for taking out the waste. Was very neat and quick and you are able to take out very thin layers if required. The tool certainly has its place in the workshop and at a very reasonable price.

I have posted this in the POWERED HAND TOOL Forum, but I think it is worth restating here.

So here's a thread I never thought I would start.

I bought my first Ozito the other day. Thats one thing I never thought I would say

It was a Mulitool. And that's the other thing I never thought I would say.

We are doing a bit of renovating inside the house, & I needed to cut out some Cement sheeting in the laundry. I didn't want to fill the house with dust so rather than use the angle grinder & diamond blade, I thought for $79 , give it a go.

I considered buying... perhaps a better name brand product, but I looked at a few reviews on the net the night before & the general feeling on Mulitools as a tool was not great.

So anyway, I had a look at them & decided on the cheapest one I could get.

I took it home & started cutting cement sheet. Not a lot of dust, but the teeth wore off the blade in no time. That said, having no teeth did not even slow this little sucker down. It did a wonderful job & the refit after the plumbing was done was a breeze.

On gyprock, I can't think of any better tool.

This is not going to replace any of my tools, & once the Reno's are finished, I can't see it getting a lot of use, but with a full 3 year replacement warrantee, I'm

thinking that perhaps some of the people writing these reviews prolly wouldn't know their ass crack from a crack in the wall. (Lil home reno joke)

Steve
    The fact remains, that 97% of all statistics are made up, yet 87% of the population think they are real.

Aldi have their version on sale this coming Saturday for $40, and I saw Bunnies are selling one for the same price under their XUI brand. Like many I lusted after a Fein for years, then had the oportunity to use a green Bosch version. For cutting flush and making square holes these tools are unbeatable but everything else they can do can be done better by more dedicated tools. Saying that, if it was the second power tool (after a drill) anyone bought it'd do.

I ended up buying a blue Bosch (tool snob) and it does come in handy for renovation work but I haven't found a use for it in the shed yet. Bunnies sell the green Bosch in two forms, the normal plastic cased version plus another in a gucci little aluminium tool chest with storage drawers for about a dollar less.

Bunnies are now selling a cased set of blades under the "Craftright" brand; containing about a dozen different blades for $24, but I'd get in quick because it seems that this brand only make stuff for about five minutes and then move on to something else.

Currently selling for $29! OzBargain suggested it was only on special until Father's Day Sep 1st, but the website says: "Price correct as at Tue 03 Sep 2013 5:31:56".

Also, there is a newer set with 23 accessories instead of 7 (couple extra heads but padded out with sanding sheets), so look out for a sticker on the box saying "20+ accessories included" or somesuch.

Not sure if that's a sale price or the new standard price. For $29 I might grab one to put in the "might need it one day" pile.
    Michael

At $30, definitely worth it for the 'might need one day' pile.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12