Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Resisting the urge to vandalise

Mrs. Wood drove me to a medical appointment today at 11 a.m. I have a disability parking permit clearly displayed in the near side corner of the windscreen. We normally park in a certain disabled spot (six dedicated bays) close to the entrance we access. There was one space vacant as we drove in, but an elderly man in a Nissan of some sort nipped into the space in front of us.

Not able to see a parking permit in his windscreen, I asked the man if he was aware he had parked in a disabled parking bay.
    He said "Yes!"
    I pointed out that he wasn't displaying a permit.
    He looked at our windscreen as if to say 'Who made you the disabled parking Nazi?'
    He clearly saw my permit, but just laughed and said "It's in my wife's handbag!" and walked off.

I wanted to let his tyres down and drag a shopping trolley up and down the length of his car a few times, but Mrs. Wood, although, herself, seething wouldn't let me out of the car. We drove around and found a vacant disabled parking bay about as far away from my appointment as was geographically possible.

By the time Mrs. Wood had shoved my wheelchair and my not insignificant bulk around the place a couple of times, she was fit to do wanton vandalism to the man's car herself. Unfortunately the man had already left – we checked!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

ozhunter is offline Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmo

My mother is in a wheel chair, and this gets me goign quicker than most things. Doesn't matter whether I am with her or not, seeing people parked in the disabled parking is down inconsiderate, rude and ignorant.

They should have their cars impounded and made to pay a $10,000 fine and have a huge balze orange sign painted on their car that says "I am an ignorant, inconsiderate and rude disabled parking zone offender, please feel free to yell abuse at me"

oz
    If you find you have dug yourself a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
    I just finished child-proofing our house - but they still get inside.

It is good that you were able to vent this on the forum then venting this on the fellows car. Very good control.

A friend of mine was sick of a particular car always parking in the motorbike parking only zone at his work, and taking up four bike spaces. His solution was an A4 note telling the owner that his vehicle was a car, not a motorbike. This was placed under the windscreen wiper blade.

The next day, seeing that the owner took no notice, the note was printed off and again placed on the windscreen - but this time a whole tube of 5 Minute Araldite was used to glue it in front of the drivers eyeline.

It didn't get parked there again.

You can get self adhesive laserprinter compatible sheets, these days, so you don't need to muck around with Araldite.

I know it's only a pittance compare to what some folk pay for parking but I pay $600+ a year for a specifically marked parking spot at work. Every now and then someone parks in my spot so I park in front of them so they cannot move their car. I leave a note under their windscreen wipers letting them know I may walk home that evening and not move my car for a couple days. They never park there again - unfortunately there is occasionally always someone else willing to try and park there. I'm lucky that if I park in front of them I don't block anyone else.

I have a handicapped son, (cerebral palsy) I have not got a handicapped parking tag even though I am entitled to it, I prefer to let the more, shall we say "disabled" use the spots, my son walks reasonably well, with help and understanding and patience, the ignorant people who park in these spots get up my goat faster than most things, to see a fit able bodied person take up a spot simply because of sheer laziness is incredible, but then ignorance abounds in this day and age!
    G'day I'm Dave!

I can't get over the nerve of the bloke. I've seen people parking opportunistically in disabled bays when no one else was around ( which is bad enough) but this a**hole was way worse in that he saw someone in genuine need and acted illegally for his own selfish ends.

Didn't get a license number per chance?

Don't withold the urge. I've always assumed that if they aren't dispaying the permit, it means that they're expecting their car to be disabled for them.

My last encounter was a few weeks back, and the woman was most affronted when I enquired after her mental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by TP1 View Post
    I can't get over the nerve of the bloke. I've seen people parking opportunistically in disabled bays when no one else was around ( which is bad enough) but this a**hole was way worse in that he saw someone in genuine need and acted illegally for his own selfish ends.

Didn't get a license number per chance?
    I included the man's rego in my initial post, but it appears to have evaporated!

Mrs. Wood went to centre management, who in turn sent her to the local council offices. They said they couldn't raise a parking officer, but would leave a message for one of them. Had an officer been available, he could have slapped the jerk with an on-the-spot-fine of $117 (or is it $119?).
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-deviled View Post
    Don't withold the urge. I've always assumed that if they aren't dispaying the permit, it means that they're expecting their car to be disabled for them.

My last encounter was a few weeks back, and the woman was most affronted when I enquired after her mental disability.
    In the past, I've ducked into a supermarket, grabbed a bag of spuds and rammed one up the offender's exhaust. That can cause a degree of inconvenience.

Regards, Woodwould.

Try to get an extra length transit van in to a car spot because some aole has parked in the loading Zone, i have 6" of stainless plates in my back and have a special parking permit that i don’t use, for after the opt on my back i was able to walk, and very well.

my payback is a gum glue flier that sticks to the windscreen, (fliers on the windscreen are not against the law in QLD) it reads " Thank You for not caring about anybody but yourself, please report this to the police and explain were you were parked - have a nice day - photos have been taken an will be uploaded to " people who park in disabled zones" Facebook
    You're not disabled, so don't park in a disabled space you lazy BASTARD

Quote Originally Posted by opelblues View Post
    my payback is a gum glue flier that sticks to the windscreen, (fliers on the windscreen are not against the law in QLD) it reads " Thank You for not caring about anybody but yourself, please report this to the police and explain were you were parked - have a nice day - photos have been taken an will be uploaded to " people who park in disabled zones" Facebook
    You're not disabled, so don't park in a disabled space you lazy BASTARD
    Subtle. I like it.

Regards, Woodwould.

There is one "Old Girl" where I live that walks the 1.5 km to the shop every morning to get the paper.
    But when she comes back later in her car to do her grocery shopping she always parks in the disabled spot, she has a disabled label on her windscreen, but she obviously has no trouble getting around. ( I notice this because the disabled parking is directly out the front of my shop, I reckon it is used legitimately around half of the time)
    I just wonder if some Doctors hand out the labels a bit too freely sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    I just wonder if some Doctors hand out the labels a bit too freely sometimes?
    Perhaps the sticker is for someone else in the family and she takes advantage of it?

Quote Originally Posted by TP1 View Post
    Perhaps the sticker is for someone else in the family and she takes advantage of it?
    The Lady in question lives alone since her husband died, about 2 years ago.
    Maybe it was his sticker, and she hasn't got around to taking it off yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast