Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default hard to resist

I have to admit as a highly able bodied person I feel the anger rising at this sort of occurance and also have to resist the temptation to vandalism
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

This is a nice frustrating (for the driver), but non-injurious method of payback.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

I'm with Bob L on the park behind them and block them in approch if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    This is a nice frustrating (for the driver), but non-injurious method of payback.

Dingo showed me a new sign

A mix of stand oil, damar varnish, vegetable oil and carborundum grit makes a fine adhesive for notices on windscreens

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post

Dingo showed me a new sign
    That is just so 'king good!

The gladwrap might have a more cryptic effect wrapped around the exhaust along with a note that says something like.

Next time you smell burning plastic remember when you parked in a disabled bay with a disabled sticker.

Personaly I like the potato shoved up the exhaust pipe, but to make it more effective push it up with a walking stick AND clean up any potato left around the outside. Its funnier than watching people backing a trailer at the tip, trying to work out what's wrong.
    Kryn and YES I do have permit.

My wife has a disability Sticker, and unless she is having a bad ( degenerative back condition & artificial Knee), we do not use the disable parks,.

Yes it really URKS us when we see able bodied people use them.

Don't do anything that will harm them or their cars, but by all means notices on the windscreen are good , especially if printed on both sides , so that passers by , can see what a dropkick the owner of the vehicle is.

I find tradies are the worst. Been abused by them.

I use a disabled spot on bad days but not when the metal knee is behaving itself.
    And I have a permit.

I saw a funny incident the other day where someone had stuck a big piece of white Contact (sticky-backed plastic) over the driver's side of the windscreen and written on it with a felt pen...

"I'M AN AR5EH0LE!
    I PARK IN DISABLED PARKING BAYS!"

I would loved to have hung around to see how long it took to get it all off.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Not just one space, but two!

Regards, Woodwould.

An old mate, minus both legs above the knee, was sitting in the passenger seat awaiting his wife's return. A Ford Bronco pulled into the disabled spot next to him, driven by a very attractive blonde of about twenty something. Morrie was furious and was just about to give "dolly" a peice of his mind, when the door swung open and the unfortunate lass swung round and proceeded to fit her artificial leg.
    They became close friends and I had the pleasure of meeting her at Morrie's funeral some years later.
    On the flip side, my 23 year old daughter has not spoken to her grandmother (my mother in law) since the latter parked in a disabled space. My daughter pointed out to Gran that it was disabled and she responded with, "But its closer dear." Interestingly, the same woman attends arobic classes and walks every morning. There is nothing wrong with her, except her attitude.

This is also a pet hate of mine. Just make sure they are not collecting someone from inside the shops before you disable their car...
    Cheers,
    Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomanic View Post
    This is also a pet hate of mine. Just make sure they are not collecting someone from inside the shops before you disable their car...
    If a disabled permit is displayed in the windscreen, then yes, caution should be exercised in the event the driver is collecting a disabled person, but if no permit is visible, then they're breaking the law and deserve whatever might befall them.

Regards, Woodwould.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast