Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Record plane delivery from Lee Valley?

I ordered a plane from Lee Valley last Thursday (23rd). I received an email on Saturday (25th) to advise me that my parcel was shipped. The plane arrived today, Monday (27th). Is this a record?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    I ordered a plane from Lee Valley last Thursday (23rd). I received an email on Saturday (25th) to advise me that my parcel was shipped. The plane arrived today, Monday (27th). Is this a record?
    Hi Woodwould, close but no record.
    I've had similar timings, time to your door really just depends on whether the UPS plane lands on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
    If I'm not home when the UPS man calls, it often takes longer for a LV parcel to get from Sydney airport to me than it takes to get to Sydney from the US.
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

Woodwould,

Your experience proves that the world is getting smaller. I ordered a tenon plane from LV on Friday (24) and its due to arrive on Tuesday (28) - same elapsed time as your experience but I live in Canada - right in the heart of LV country.

Normally I would go to the retail outlet (and in fact was there on Friday) but the wenzloff tenon saws aren't stocked in the retail stores and are only available in Canada via order from the warehouse. My choice was to have it delivered or go to the closest store for pick-up. Since LV is offering free shipping in Canada this week I opted for home delivery.

enjoy your new plane

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    I ordered a plane from Lee Valley last Thursday... Is this a record?
    No, as it's from Lee Valley it's probably a Veritas ('though they do stock some Stanleys).

Cheers, Vann
    Gatherer of rusty planes tools...
    Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club .

At the other end of the scale, I chose the 8-12 week shipping option on my recent LV order about 3 weeks ago (because it was less than a 1/4 of the price of the next cheapest shipping option).

My question is - will it actually take that long ? I have to wait until 12 weeks have elasped to ask if the local post office if they lost the package....which isnt unheard of !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    At the other end of the scale, I chose the 8-12 week shipping option on my recent LV order about 3 weeks ago (because it was less than a 1/4 of the price of the next cheapest shipping option).

My question is - will it actually take that long ? I have to wait until 12 weeks have elasped to ask if the local post office if they lost the package....which isnt unheard of !!!
    I've chosen that option a few times. Usually the packages arrive at 10 -11 weeks, with just one in the twelfth week. Mind you, that's to New Zealand.

Cheers, Vann.
    Gatherer of rusty planes tools...
    Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club .

I posted some times from various suppliers the other week. HNT Gordon was 2 days, LV 4 and a well known Aussie WW supplier was in the weeks.

Thanks Vann. It's going to be a long 7-9 weeks !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    No, as it's from Lee Valley it's probably a Veritas ('though they do stock some Stanleys).

Cheers, Vann

Good Morning Vann

Are you suggesting that Woodwould paid Veritas prices for a Record plane? Its a worry.

Cheers

Graeme

I have only ordered from LV once, and was also very impressed. About 6 days if memory serves. That's great and makes me want to order from them again. Maybe some of our suppliers should take a leaf out of their book...

Woodwould

The service from LV is exemplary, I find if I order stuff from Sydney ( about a 2hour drive ) it sometimes takes longer that ordering from LV. I tried to place an order by phone a few weeks ago with Carbatec and when the phone was answered I was told they were too busy to take the order & would try to call me back latter in the day or the next day !!!

I place the order elsewhere and it arrived four days latter which is a day better that LV's average from the other side of the globe.

Regards

Fantastic service from Robin and crew as always.
    There is always a glimmer of hope in Aust, just depends who you order from. I ordered one of those little diamond sharpeners for my thicknesser and jonter blades from McJing at about 12.00 Friday and it was in the letter box before 12.00 on Monday morning. If the weekend wasn't in the middle I may have got it before I ordered it.
    Rob and McJing love ya service.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Being in the states, I feel for you guys; my orders from LV take 3 days to the US.

I thought i'd do the right thing and try to order my LV LAJ through an Aussie supplier (Cabartec Adelaide) . Ordered on the 21 Aug.. back ordered, promised early Sept deliver and still haven't heard a peep from them about it. Now Oct and I'm going away for two months on a course, so in all it'll be at least Dec before I get to use it (assuming it arrives).

I could have ordered two planes for the same price from LV direct and used the slow boat option and have them at the same time.