Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi WM60,
    the CS1012 looks like the same saw as the GPW10/12 i mentioned in an earlier post. I've emailed GPW yesterday to see if I can get it delivered to someplace in Adelaide rather than Pt Augusta and maybe save some freight - a trip to Adelaide with a trailer is not too big a deal and gets me a couple of days in Adelaide (spend the savings on some other bits and pieces, maybe that Dado blade I've talked about ) so I'm waiting for a response now. All the saws recommended by others were tempting and this has been a hard decision for me. Eventually have to bite on it though!! Thanks to all those offering helpful comments and saving me from making decisions i'd regret - very much appreciate your time and consideration
    mike

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Mike ,
    I mucked around for over two years trying to decide on which saw to get .I did have my sights set on the Woodfast with the sliding table .I spoke to the guys at Woodfast , and asked questions regarding the sliding table ,after getting some advice from an other forum member regarding his.
    The Woodfast response was not convincing .
    I noticed that Jet have a model almost identical to the Woodfast and got in touch with JTST ,I spoke to alan Goodbun and he advised me that that Model jet is not as solid as the other models.
    He tested it at a wood show and was not impressed.

I bought the CS10/12 from Townsville .Im very happy with the saw ,Its very solid , quiet and well made .The fence is a Biesemeyer type and is very good .The storage cabinet under the saw is a good thing as well.

I reckon this saw is very good value and I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

The CS10/12 is the same saw as the GPW , as advised by Townsville Jet Tool Shop.

Kev.
    "Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend ,inside a dog it's too dark to read"
    Groucho Marx

The freight company I used was,

Lynne Simpson
    National Transport Group

Phone:02 9894 2872
    Fax: 02 9680 7942
    Email:[email protected]

Lynne was extremely helpful.

GPW freight was about $600 by memory,
    Some of the Quotes I got cost more that the saw, another Company said to bring the saw in so they can give me a quote.

Ratty 05/2004 -05/07/2010 COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

Well, took delivery of the GPW10/12 (aka 12M10a) and I'm a happy chappy. Should have upgraded years ago, no more on the knees trying adjust blade height from under the table, a good fence and the ability to change blade angle which was nigh impossible with the Triton. Waaay quieter and a 12" blade (cmt 72 tooth).
    A few tweaks needed now though; a mod needed to the mitre guide to remove some of the side-play - maybe drill a hole in the side and put a grubscrew in (nylon screw perhaps?). Fitting of the Triton slide table. A small adjustment to the blade to correct a 1/4 to 1/2 mm off-parallel to the mitre slot, a tweak of the mitre guide stops for 45 and 90 and its all done!!
    Thanks again to those who took the time to help me with this decision, very much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12