Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Once RayG gets me a list of what we have extra I will post in this thread. So keep checking in. RayG is finishing up turning tools at the moment and then the plane blades will be done. These are smaller orders will simpler grinds and not many parts. Oncve they are out of the way the chisels will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPPERS View Post
    Hi TS
    Are all items gone or are a few still up for grabs?

Shippers

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I have been asked for an update on the batch order.

RayG is moving along finishing off the turning chisels at the moment. He says that The Plane blades for wooden planes are being setup ready for the grind. The paring chisels will be done thirdly and then the firmer chisels lastly. The reason for this order is the smallest and simplest jobs are done first the more complex and larger jobs is done later.

RayG has made not at this point started on the paring chisels. In our talks he has been thinking about how he is going to grind the chisels. He bought this expensive surface grinding jig from the USA. That will allow him to grind complex sides bevels even on the very thin chisels. As soon as I know more I will post back.

In the mean time:

• The water jet cutter cut random extras of random items, filling in random space on the sheet. So we may have some extra paring chisels up for grabs. I however do not know what they are at this point.
    • RayG is thinking about how to grind the edges of the pairing chisels. He would love a real life sample to work from. Does anyone have a fine paring chisels he could borrow?
    • We need to find some more wood for the handles. I need to go through what I have and sort it all out. I have a whole slab of Qld Maple. However I feel I will need more.
    • Then we need to cut the wood into handles blanks (????would anyone be willing to help out with this job, I do not have access to machines at the moment????)
    • I would like to get feedback on the handle design. The first batch were a little small for my liking.
    • The handles need to be sent to the turner. The last commercial turner we used did a reasonable job, but he did not sand the handles to any great extent. I am thinking of posting in the turning forum, asking if anyone want to take on the job of turning the handles for us.
    • I have been calculating the short fall that we have due to extra cost of the M2 steel and the water jet cutter. I will send out a PM in the coming week, as everyone involved in the plane blades, firmer, and paring chisels batch order will need to put in about $4 extra per item.

TruckieMuzz is offline Handcrafting magnificent timber... into firewood!!

Default Extra Payment

TS,

Sorry, not sure if I didn't get your PM re: the extra I owe, or if I managed to delete it.

Anyone else in the same boat?

You'll have to send me bank details again also.

Once more, many thanks for your efforts,

Cheers and beers,

Muzz

Hi Muzz

Nothing sent just yet. Waiting until we get closer to the end. Which should not be far away. RayG wants to finish everything by end of July, because he has to go away for a job he has to do and does not want to come back to the batch order when he returns. So I will send something shortly.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678