Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Back in November when Helmut announced that March was the delivery date I thought....Uhhhh! What a long time to wait. But now look. March is just around the corner! So I for one am looking forward to owning a small set of tailor made HSS Firmer Chisels.
    I call it the McDonalds Syndrome. We go in and ask for a hamburger and in a flash there it is. it is so easy to expect every thing in life should be the same. What we have to remember and appreciate is that some things take time and we have to wait. In the long run I think the wait makes the appreciation of the article more significant!
    Thanks to Helmut and Ray and others that have contributed to this Big Batch Order
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Sheet, I'm not leaning on anyone. Gunn is right. Just want info.

I've reaffirmed my order for some turning teardrop scrapers.

I go through them and just need to know whether the ETA is on course. If not, I'll get some to serve in the interim.
    Cheers, Ern

TruckieMuzz is offline Handcrafting magnificent timber... into firewood!!

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    Back in November when Helmut announced that March was the delivery date I thought....Uhhhh! What a long time to wait. But now look. March is just around the corner! So I for one am looking forward to owning a small set of tailor made HSS Firmer Chisels.
    I call it the McDonalds Syndrome. We go in and ask for a hamburger and in a flash there it is. it is so easy to expect every thing in life should be the same. What we have to remember and appreciate is that some things take time and we have to wait. In the long run I think the wait makes the appreciation of the article more significant!
    Thanks to Helmut and Ray and others that have contributed to this Big Batch Order
    Here Here

The only worthwhile thing I can add is that I am incredibly grateful for the efforts of everyone invloved in bringing this to pass. be it next month or next year. It is the efforts of all those involved that will mean that I will have a set of chisels that I don't think I could have practically afforded elsewise.

With sincere thanks to all,

Muzz

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsucker View Post
    I spoke to Gary from Hills Heat Treatment this morning. They are happy to take over the job. They charge $16 instead of $12 that Surface Technology charges. Gary says it will take them about a week to heat treat all the items.

At this point we have a cost overrun on the steel and heat treatment. I will chase up a dozen blokes who have not paid yet. As we will be needing the money for the heat treatment asap.

EDIT

PM's have been sent out to those blokes who still over money. If you still need to pay can you do so asap, as we will need to pay the heat treatment asap.
    We have the following items still up for grabs:

• 1 Set of Firmer Chisels - 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 35 mm & 45 mm with sockets and handels. Per Item: $60 Total Cost: - $480 plus $11 postage.

• 1 Set of Paring Chisels - 3 mm, 4.5 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm with sockets and handels. Per Item: $60 Total Cost: - $480 plus $11 postage.

The following plane blades are available:

• 1 @ 40 x 4 x 100 mm @ $45
    • 2 @ 50 x 4 x 100 mm @ $45
    • 1 @ 54 x 4 x 180 mm Spiers Smoother Style Plane Bade @ $45

RayG has told me that the items have been deliver to the hear treater. I will call them in the morning to confirm that everything is proceeding according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsucker View Post
    We have the following items still up for grabs:

• 1 Set of Firmer Chisels - 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 35 mm & 45 mm with sockets and handels. Per Item: $60 Total Cost: - $480 plus $11 postage.

• 1 Set of Paring Chisels - 3 mm, 4.5 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm with sockets and handels. Per Item: $60 Total Cost: - $480 plus $11 postage.

The following plane blades are available:

• 1 @ 40 x 4 x 100 mm @ $45
    • 2 @ 50 x 4 x 100 mm @ $45
    • 1 @ 54 x 4 x 180 mm Spiers Smoother Style Plane Bade @ $45

RayG has told me that the items have been deliver to the hear treater. I will call them in the morning to confirm that everything is proceeding according to plan.
    Will any of those irons fit a Stanley #4/5?

Never mind, ur talking about wooden planes

I spoke to Hills Heat Treatment, they are fished with the heat treatment, they have sent me the invoice. I am waiting for a few people to pay up and I can pay Hills Heat Treatment, and RayG can pick up the items.

The owner of the firmer chisels has stepped up and will pay for them. I am not willing to break up sets it makes life to complex and its not worth my time.

The blades are gone, I need to send pm's to those who picked them up.

I have transferred $1287 to RayG. RayG will take this money and pay Hills heat treaters. I will post information when RayG has picked up the items. Hopefully we will also have some photos.

Default Paring Chisel Set

I'll take these if they are still available... sent a PM

thanks, tony.

Hi All,

Just a progress update..

Josh picked up the parts this afternoon, and everything looks good at first sight, no major warping, and surfaces looks pretty clean, I was expecting major discolouration and a lot of clean up required, but sounds like they are much better than the previous Heat Treater, I'll know better by the end of the weekend, and with a bit of luck the first of the turning chisels and inserts can go out towards the end of next week.

The remainder of the parts following on from that, and posted out as they are finished.

Regards
    Ray

Ray

Thanks for the update. Starting to get excited.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Hi Paul,

I've had a quick preliminary check on the parts after heat treatment, and I'm very impressed with Hills Heat Treatment.

Here's a few pictures..

The surfaces are clean, and they have given all the parts a light oil coating.

I checked one of the thinnest paring chisels for warping/twisting and it looks good, I can't say for sure that all the paring chisels will have survived without warping, but so far it looks good.

A did a quick check on hardness, I measure it as 62 Rc, but my hardness tester generally reads a little on the low side, so I'd say 63-64 Rc is about right.

Hills Heat Treatment have done well.. ( I'll admit to being a bit nervous)

Regards
    Ray

Ray that is very impressive, it looks almost untouched. Hills is a marked difference from the other group we used for the last order. It took hills a week, and the others took over a month.

Hi TS
    Are all items gone or are a few still up for grabs?

Shippers

Hi Shippers,

There might be extra's, I'd need to compare the detail on Helmut's list with what I've got here..

The water jet cutter cut extra parts seemingly at random, and wasted a lot of material.

Regards
    Ray

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast