Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Slow delivery from o/s

Ordered more toys from O/S about 16/11.

The Hong Kong order arrived a week ago; but the 2 USA orders have not even hit our shores yet as per the tracking notices. Claimed to have left Chicago several days after purchase.

Is anybody else experiencing this??

Is Aust Post of Customs having a beer strike or something?

Ken

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Scribbly Gum is online now When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear

USPS is usually pretty good, but it is Thanksgiving season over there so maybe public holidays have gotten in the way.
    The only time I have experienced real delays have been when Australian Customs has opened the parcel for an inspection.
    Cheers
    SG
    .... some old things are lovely
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them ........................D.H. Lawrence
    https://thevillagewoodworker.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Toggy View Post
    Ordered more toys from O/S about 16/11.

The Hong Kong order arrived a week ago; but the 2 USA orders have not even hit our shores yet as per the tracking notices. Claimed to have left Chicago several days after purchase.

Is anybody else experiencing this??

Is Aust Post of Customs having a beer strike or something?

Ken
    I've got a parcel that left Chicago on 3/11, not seen since, no tracking updates so far.

Default slow delivery

I have usually had reasonably quick service from the USPS also.

It would appear that the holdups are this end. Your delivery is 2 weeks more overdue than mine Fred.

I have found that 3 weeks delivery is fairly normal, esp if the item is bulky or heavy. Often the hold up is in Australia. Recently took me over a week to get a parcel of drawer extension slides from Adelaide to NQ
    regards,

Dengy

Typically US to Aus is about 7 days plus Customs time, average 10 days overall, but generally quote 14 to 21 days.

Used to be a parcel post delivery driver, and apart from the three weeks leading into Christmas, Monday was peak day as anything that arrived or was posted within the state Friday, Saturday, Sunday came through Monday. Tuesday was the quiet day (a quarter of Monday, basicly Monday local and Friday far interstate posted stuff), balance of week was typically half to two thirds of Monday.

Have heard lately that Mondays are through the roof, and the rest of the week is like Monday used to be. Seems that everyone hit the market while the AUS $ was at or near parity, and swamped the system. Add some US holidays and the fact that all the Airbus 380's in the world have been grounded for a fortnight or more requiring massive aircraft rescheduling, and I can see the system slipping behind schedule.

Toggy,
    I just received two parcels that were very slow arriving one from Hong Kong took 15 days instead of the normal 6-7 days and the other arrived today from USA that was sent by air on the 11-11-10 some 18 days, it had a tracking number on it but it turned out to be useless as they only updated it twice first time on the day of depature and yesterday. I checked at our local post office and they told me that all parcels leaving USA now have an additinal cost of $9-00 US added to them for extra security checks and this would also slow down delivery.
    Bob

Hello Toggy,
    Like the others say, I reckon that Christmas and the high dollar rate may be holding your shipment up. Everything that I have ordered from the US has eventually arrived (usually 2-3 weeks), except for a pair of Toolmakers clamps. The package arrived ,but it was empty. It was obvious that the large clamps were loose in the package and had fallen out one end where the bag was torn. Don't worry, I'm sure it will arrive soon. Russell

Dave J Guest

Heine from CTC tools told me their are bomb threats in the US and Europe which are slowing things down from him to their.

Dave

Dave J Guest

Hi Bob,
    Is the $9.00 on every parcel? Do you know if this is permanent or just temporary?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by krisfarm View Post
    Toggy,
    I just received two parcels that were very slow arriving one from Hong Kong took 15 days instead of the normal 6-7 days and the other arrived today from USA that was sent by air on the 11-11-10 some 18 days, it had a tracking number on it but it turned out to be useless as they only updated it twice first time on the day of depature and yesterday. I checked at our local post office and they told me that all parcels leaving USA now have an additinal cost of $9-00 US added to them for extra security checks and this would also slow down delivery.
    Bob

I'd be quite willing to believe the additional security is the bulk of the problem, coupled with the recent loss of a lot of cargo lift with the A-380 grounding.

I paid €85 for DHL from Germany three weeks ago, it took 17 days just to leave Germany! Still no sign of it.

They must be using Gypsy Tiger Moths these days...

Here is the tracking results for a square I purchased... I was happy to see it pass customs as it has a wooden protector

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, December 01, 2010, 11:42 am, AUSTRALIA
    Into Foreign Customs, December 01, 2010, 10:39 am, AUSTRALIA
    Arrived Abroad, December 01, 2010, 10:39 am, AUSTRALIA
    International Dispatch, November 18, 2010, 10:09 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
    Arrival
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 17, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Is the $9.00 on every parcel?

Dave
    Anything 450g and over, or something close to that.

Dave J Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4iS View Post
    Anything 450g and over, or something close to that.
    Do you know if that permanent or temporary.

Dave

Attached is the explanation I found on another forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast