Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm out

Default I'm out

It's official! I'm quitting woodwork, I haven't made anything in nine months and I've lost interest. I didn't want to, I just lost my motivation.

So I now have a workshop full of tools, machinery, kits and timber that has to be sold otherwise it won't be used ever again. I'll be selling it all once I get my act together and take some pictures, in the meantime I need to know how much I paid mic-d for a mitre saw and robyn2839 for a 14" bandsaw. If you guys remember then I'd be grateful if you passed that on

Cheers everone

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Always a sad day when woodies lose the passion. Good luck with what you end up doing and I really hope one day you will return to it.

Let me guess your distraction, is it women, . . . cars . . . . or computers?

Let me give you some advice, the bug will eventually come back even bigger and better. The power tools and machinery are no big deal but hang onto your best hand tools.

Good luck with what ever you end up doing mate.Their are plenty of thing in life to do,so pick a good one that makes plenty of money,and you like doing it.
    I will remember you as you were the one that got me going in woodwork with your box challenge.I didnt know a thing about woodwork till then
    Good Luck Andrew
    Aussie
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Sorry to hear that Andrew. One day you will see the folly of your ways. Your future wife and kids will have you back making stuff soon enough. Take care
    Islander
    With kind regards and may the wood chips fly

Islander

Sorry to hear that Funky. All the best with what you take up and I can't remember for what price I sold the mitre saw.

Cheers
    Michael

Like Bob said, must be a woman involved there somewhere. Women come and go but your handtools are forever. Good luck on your exployts and adventures Funky.
    You have been and will be missed. Craw
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

As all have said one day the passion or need will return and so hopefully we will see you again. Andrew its been a pleasure to follow your exploits and craftsmanship. Keep in touch.

Ray

Young Mr Chicken,

You have a whole life ahead of you. You'll be back. Have fun down whatever road you take and no doubt we will meet again. BTW keep the hand tools.

Good luck Andrew. 'Tis a shame to hear that you have lost interest. Maybe it is just misplaced for now. As others have said, keep your best handtools, store them well. They will be handy for you to have in the future. You are but a young man. Have fun with your exploits and keep smiling.

Cheers
    Bevan
    There ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk!!

Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by Claw Hama View Post
    Women come and go but your hands are forever.
    Very wise.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    Very wise.
    Very wise to intended or otherwise not innuendo?

Whatever you do Funky, have fun. You're a young bloke and the world is out there.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

What of the metal work FC??

Don't feel bad, everybody changes direction sooner or later. The ..7 years always seemed to me to be magic number years for life changes, and the years from 17 to 27 are likely to present you with the biggest changes that will be within your own destiny to control. Take advantage of them, don't shut yourself away in a shed on your own.

The problem is you don't know in advance when or whether the tacking will bring you back to your original course. So like the others say, if they aren't too much baggage to move around with you for the next few years, at least keep the good hand tools, you will probably need them eventually for something as mundane as doing up the Renovators delight you might buy in your 20's. But if the wood does start to whisper to you again you also won't have to start from scratch.

Good luck with what you want to do, but I would keep all your tools in storage for at least another year just in case you want to come back to it.

Peter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast