Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went through two Ryobi chainsaws both failed in very short time,I then swapped the 2nd faulty one for a Talon and never looked back.

I have an Ozito Belt sander and it's been fine so far. Very loud ( I suppose all belt sanders are) but has been relaible and came with a spare brush set.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Went to bunnies today, looking at getting a $79 Oizto compund mitre saw, not a sliding one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    Would you buy an Ozito electric chainsaw over a Ryobi? even though Ryobi is $130 and Ozito is $99
    I wouldn't "buy" a Ryobi anything even if it were free.
    In my own experience, the company doesn't honour its own warranties, and as such will never ever profit from my pocket again.
    Unfortunately, as Milwaukee, AEG and (I think) Rigid also fall under the Ryobi banner the same goes for them too! Three more quality brands bite the dust!
    Sycophant to nobody!

Ratbag, what do you think of Ozito?

Sorry, but I wouldn't know one if I fell over it! I'd suggest you redirect your inquiry to others with experience of this gear.
    I couldn't possibly comment on something about which I know nothing.
    Sycophant to nobody!

I'll just add my pipe on the cheap vs expensive SCMS argument...

I tried one of the Ryobi 10" saws from BigB's - I don't remember the model number, but they had 2 10" saws and I bought the more expensive ($250-$300). At the same time I bought a 60-tooth irwin blade to run in it ($~$120). The short of it is I returned the saw after a single job. Even with a reasonable blade I was unable to get an accurate cut - the main problem is the twist in angle the arm has. All the locking and fine adjustments were good, but it didn't matter when the pressure required to push through pine is more than the pressure needed to twist the arm.

I now own a Hitachi C12RSH. I realise it's in a completely different price bracket, but if you need to make accurate cuts it's worth every penny. I still smile when it comes time to glue joints and everything matches perfectly.

It really comes down to how much work you plan to give the tool and the degree of precision you expect from it.
    Like everyone I'd like the best but a/ I cant afford them and b/ I would not give them the work to justify the cost.

For the amount of work I give my power tools I'd never recover the outlay of buying known brand quality stuff, I'd die of old age before I wore them out.

So decide on your needs and expected use and go from there is my advice for what it's worth.

Default AEG anyonwe?

Hi all,
    some interesting comments here. I own a chinese replica makita that I bought of ebay for about $450. It is a larger sliding comound mitre saw. It is ok - plenty of grunt, but sounds rough and the angles are exactly accurate. I was in the big B the other day and noticed that they have a very nice looking AEG compound sliding mitre saw on a long rail with rollers for timber feed. It is priced at $699 and looks really good value. I know some of the AEG stuff is really good. Anyone got infor on this saw? Looked well built, but seemed to have some sideways play in it when locked into cutting angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    Went to bunnies today, looking at getting a $79 Oizto compund mitre saw, not a sliding one.
    They gave me one of those at work to cut the combination rubber/plastic door seals that are used on trucks. Similar size and shape to the rear doors on the container types of truck bodies.

I had to convince them to get me a saw (they were using a 5 inch angle grinder with a 1mm cutoff disc!). So I brought in my GMC compound (NOT sliding). They were impressed with the result and I received the Ozito a few days later.

To be honest, I liked using my GMC better with the finer blade as it gave a better cut, but that is all about a simple blade change. The allen bolt angle adjusment bolts are a PITA, as the GMC had knobs. The protractor guide wasn't all that accurate and I set up using a bevel square. The 45 degree stops are fine though. Only a minor point for infrequent use.

But GMC is dead.

The Ozito went under in the big flood in Brisbane (Rocklea) in January. It was cleaned out and left to dry. Sparky tagged it as safe to use and it is still going strong.

The Ozzy uses bushes and no ball bearings. Otherwise it would have been tossed out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12