Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: New Product

Thumbs up New Product

Ive finaly got the jist of how the forum works,

I have a new product which I have named Vertiacc,meaning vertical accessory,
    I once had call to dill holes in the endgrain of timber for a customer,I tried various methods,doweling jig,I even put the drill above the vice and put the timber in the vice while I drilled it,all this was very time consumming,so I then had to put my brain to the test,which is unusual for us chippies.
    I got to work on this gadget and 3yrs later(of course sleeping and eating in-between)I came up with the Vertiacc,I know some of you are saying we don't use dowels anymore,but this is not only for dowels,how many people buy a drill press? and all you have is a table with slots in it,so anyway I believe it as worked for me ,but you be the judge,I would appreciate as much feedback as possible,but please be nice as I hurt very easy.
    The vertiacc will enable the drilling of holes in the endgrain of timber to a length of 1200mm and with a small modification to the height of the drill-press 1300mm,it has a winding slide so that multiple holes can be drilled with identical centers,and can do the same at any angle.
    If you would like to see more of what Vertiacc will do please go to my website.
    www.vertiacc.com
    I am not looking for cheap advertising but genuine constructive feedback.

Thank you

George Moore Brisbane

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

George,

First of all, good one. It's nice to see Aussie inventions getting up.

Probably the first thing people are going to want to know is "how much is it"? Are you selling them now, or are you looking for a distributor? It's not very clear from your web site how one would go about buying a Vertiacc.

The other thing I would say to you is that you should expand your marketing pitch beyond drilling holes in end grain, because it looks like it is capable of a lot more than that.

Have you approached the New Inventors on the ABC?

If you use a mortice bit in your drill, the ability to move the jig in a precise manner would allow for 'precision morticing'.
    Integral stops allow for repeatable opperations
    etc...

Think some more along the lines of 'it slices, it dices, ....'
    Then expand your web description.
    How much?
    From where?
    Great minds discuss ideas,
    average minds discuss events,
    small minds discuss people

Hmmmm, I find myself agreeing with Silent in all respects.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

PP

George,

I agree with the above comments. When I look at a product I want to see what it does, how much it cost, where it is sold, who makes it and what guarantees if any.

FYI I am not necessarily interested in the conception and labour pains of giving birth to a new product, just the above. If a web site doesn't show the above clearly, and on the opening page, I hit the close screen button and move on. The extra details can be on other pages and I will look at that if interested.

BTW if a web site has annoying flash images or pop ups I get out of it immediately even before it has finished loading. Hope this helps you in designing your site.

Peter.

Default Great to see you announce your new product Jimoge!!

Welcome to our forum and great to hear that your Invention is Australian Made

Please Please Please present it Oppropriately through your web page so that we all get a taste of what it is and what is does............Most importantly How Much.............................Is great to find out that your invention is Australian Made.

I suggest that you get in contact with all the major Australian Woodwork Magazines and ask them to do a review. Have a look at some Of BoB Smalsha's; Sturdees and Derek Cohens (Amoungst Others) forum contrabutions to get a good idea on how you might like to give us a taste of your Jig and how it works here at the Aussie Woodwork Forum. (A Digital Camera Does Wonders

Just knowing its Australian got me interested all ready !!!!

Good luck with it M8

Regards Lou