Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool King . com

Default Tool King . com

Hey guys, I thought that I'd share my recent experience with Toolking.com with you all.

After LOTS of hinting, my girlfriend's family all chipped in and got me the Incra TS-LS Joinery System for xmas. Being that Tool King had it at a rediculously low price, and actually offered a realistic shipping quote to Australia we thought we'd give them a try.

Their website stated to call them to order any Incra lines in metric, so I gave them a buzz to place the order. Their phone sales staff were great mannered and had a good idea on what they were talking about. Within about 5 minutes of handing over my credit card details, I had a confirmation email and the order was in the system.

Tool King at present don't stock any metric Incra items, so they had to order it in. It was at their warehouse within a few days, then a day or two later on its way to me. Seeing that I placed the order in the 2nd week of December and it arrived on my doorstep at the end of the first week of January, I was rather impressed with an item of that size coming so quickly over the xmas period.

Once I unpacked the carton, I found a major issue... I had been sent the imperial version!!! I phoned them up as soon as practical (about -14hrs time difference) and raised my complaint. The issue lay either with Tool King for not communicating the information that I needed the metrtic version to Incra, or with Incra for not reading the order notes properly. Either way they were very appologetic and assured me that the issue would be rectified as soon as possible.

The next morning I had received an email from the girl who originally took my order stating that the conversion kit had been ordered from Incra and would be sent to me as soon as they could do it. About a week later I got another email providing me with the tracking number for the conversion kit. About ten days after that it arrived to me.

All in all I am quite happy with their service and pricing. Yes, I did have a bit of a stuff up to contend with but at the end of the day we got the item DELIVERED for under half the average going price in Australia ex-delivery and their communication with me was excellent, I knew what was happening at all times. Now that I have the metric conversion kit, I have the best of both worlds as I get to keep all the imperial parts too.

Not that I am anti local businesses, but a 50% saving on a big ticket item is just to much to ignore. If anyone else is keen on such a system, or anything else they offer, I'd say give them a go.

At the moment, they only offer international freight via UPS, so the cost may negate the savings on small items but for anything the size of a mitre gauge and above, you'll probably come out in front.

Cheers,
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I too, have found toolking to be an excellent option. I have bought several tools from them including jet parallel clamps and makita cordless tools and batteries and have had 100% success. I am quite impressed and now that the Aussie dollar comparees well it it too compelling not to consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by socratous View Post
    Once I unpacked the carton, I found a major issue... I had been sent the imperial version!!! The issue lay either with Tool King for not communicating the information that I needed the metric version to Incra, or with Incra for not reading the order notes properly. Either way they were very appologetic and assured me that the issue would be rectified as soon as possible.
    I had the same, however minus the apologetic tone and wanting to fix it for me! After explaining the same thing very carefully in over a dozen emails (and chasing up for over a month) they finally conceded and sent me the conversion kit free of charge. The issues arose as I had to order via phone so there was no actually written record of a formal order and apparently it was inconceivable that they would get it wrong on their end.

This is no longer an issue BTW as they have a metric version listed on their website. I think they cottoned on that it would be simple to create a new page to avoid stuff-ups! Despite the inconvenience I would still do it again as you can avoid dramas with very specific emails and by using their new metric links!

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

I've bought Milwaukee M18 skins & 3Ahr batteries from ToolKing; good service but unfortunately NO WARRANTY and I had a battery fail at only 3 months.
    They helped with a "at cost" replacement and cheaper freight; helped take the sour out of the transaction.
    Since then and with the rest of the tools, I've had a good experience.
    Cheers, Crowie

I called them and asked about the metric Incra LS32. They then added it to their website. I ordered it and including shipping it cost me $580.00, about $300.00 cheaper then buying it here. They are clearly absorbing the shipping costs, so buy up while the dollar is high and they are continuing to do this. Another set of Bessey clamps is looking tempting. All up a very positive experience and highly recommended.

Cheers
    Nick

So they posted you a ts-ls rails and all ?? Sheesh.

I didn't know you could get an LS 32, I thought the router fences only came as 17" or 25"
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    So they posted you a ts-ls rails and all ?? Sheesh.

I didn't know you could get an LS 32, I thought the router fences only came as 17" or 25"
    I bought an entire combo from them which arrived in three boxes (four I suppose if you count the conversion!)

Toolkin.com is a great site for buying tools

I have made a few orders with them now with no issues!!

Default Nrb

I bought a drill bit sharpener from them at the WWW show in melbourne and had a problem next day with it,no probs it was replaced quick with no hassle,a year later had problem with replaced tool and they replaced that too.
    Good to deal with and customer service how it should be.

thanks for this info of Melbourne. i need it.

I have bought from Toolking twice in the past 12 months, the first was a Milescraft router lettering template and a router inlay kit. it arrived in 3 days and even considering freight was about half the price of getting it from the Australian agent and probably faster delivery seeing as they are in Perth and I am in Melbourne.

The second one , last month was a tablesaw fence system. As others have said, Toolking does not hold stock of these but orders them as required so it took nearly three weeks to arrive for a total cost of just over $500.00, I bought when the aussie dollar was at its peak. A saving of several hundred dollars off the Australian agent's price.

I would prefer to buy local but not when there is that amount to be saved. There were no hassles with either order and I was kept informed by comprehensive emails. once the parcels were dispatched they were traceable online. I would buy from them again

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default Toolking - very honourable & top customer service

Just thought I'd followup on this post with an issue I took up with the Toolking Customer Service Staff.
    It concerned 2 off faulty M18 Milwaukee 3aHr batteries.
    Being an international customer I made complaint about the faulty batteries and the lack of warranty for us.
    This was done at about the 6weeks mark after the batteries were ordered; it had taken 3weeks to receive the goods.
    To my great surprize and appreciation the Toolking Customer Service Staff apologised for the inconvenience then shipped 2 new replacement batteries at there expense.
    They have now been very greetfully received and will go into use over the next fortnight.
    Over the recent past I have only spent a modest amount on money on M18 Milwaukee Skins & Batteries.
    What very good customer service.
    Cheers, crowie.

Thanks guys for useful information regarding Toolking.

I was looking at their Bosch cordless but they are all out of stock so I looked at the Makita, maybe I'm wrong but they look like rebadged Panasonic?

Could anyone confirm?

I'm no expert, but I am pretty confident that Makita are not rebadged pannys. I have a panasonic 15.6v and it was the ducks nuts. But 5 years on, I am getting very little from my batteries, and have to continually change them.

Trav
    Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast