Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Token Tools Alupulse 200 AC/DC Tig Welder

HI ALL,
    I have been thinking about Buying a Token Tools Alupulse 200 AC/DC Tig Welder 200 amp Tig welder AC DC aluminium pro gear Tokentools (eBay item 110633865057 end time 10-Mar-11 11:33:12 AEDST) : Industrial. I have looked at other Tig Welders ie the Everlast PowerTig 200DX, but I am a lot keener on the Alupulse. At the moment they are on Ebay for $1259.10 or make an offer. Does anyone have one of these or has anyone used one of these Tig Welders ?.

I would mostly be using it at Home for Manual Metal Arc Welding and AC/DC Tig Welding - sometimes however I might take it to Work to use. The only Aluminium Tig Welding that I've done has been at Work on our old EMF Pilot Arc Welder. Really I am still Learning to Tig Weld Aluminium. I have enjoyed what I have done so far and I would like to do more of it. Being only a Beginner I don't want to spend a Fortune on a AC/DC Tig. I have a Cigweld 161VRD DC Tig that I have used to Tig Weld Stainless and Mild Steel both at Work and Home. So I do have some Tig experience

Basically I am just some Feedback on these Alupulse Welders.
    Thanks In Advance.
    All The Best steran50 Stewart

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at once.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Stewart,

There is a detailed post here

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f160/c...93/index5.html

The post was made a while ago and we have expanded functionality on the alupulse since that time.

Regards
    Pete (Tokentools)

Stewart, I have an Alysync and it has been fine. Similar features to what you're looking at. Some of my previous posts have got comments on my welder. I've been very happy with the customer service at tokentools (no affiliation). good luck with it. Cheers - Mick

HI,
    Thanks inverter_weld (Pete) I had a good Read of that Thread. I was also very interested in this Thread https://www.woodworkforums.com/f160/chinese-tigs-63807/ of which You had Posted in. Thanks also WelderMick,how long have You had Your Welder for ?. I have not had a chance Yet to look at Your previous Posts WelderMick, but I will over the next day or so.

Hey Steran,

I was the original poster in the post referenced above. I have had my Tokentools 200amp AC/DC welder for a bit under 2 years now...its still going strong. Im onto my third E sized bottle of argon too, so its not like its sitting around decorating the garage. I recently had the chance to suss out a much cheaper chinese tig that a mate bought of ebay..it confirmed my suspicions that not all chinese Tigs are made equally.

Have a go at one, im sure you wont be disappointed.

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by 19brendan81 View Post
    Hey Steran,

Have a go at one, im sure you wont be disappointed.

Brendan
    HI,
    I hope too that I wont be Disappointed, because I ended up Buying this 200 amp Tig welder AC DC aluminium pro gear Tokentools (eBay item 110633865057 end time 10-Mar-11 11:33:12 AEDST) : Industrial . It was on Special for $1259.10 when I Bought it and it just Turned up at Work as I was going for Lunch. I will get to have a Look at it after Work Tonight. From what I've Read about them they sound like a Good Welder and a Reputable Company.

Cool! Let us know how you go with it!

Default Pete's a good bloke

Pete's a good bloke and the Alusinc is a good machine but you must also check out the Everlast PowerTig 200DX. make a considered judgement, look at the warranty etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlasted View Post
    Pete's a good bloke and the Alusinc is a good machine but you must also check out the Everlast PowerTig 200DX. make a considered judgement, look at the warranty etc.
    Everlasted, mate - let your customers do your promotion for you. I know it must be frustrating to see your competitors brands discussed and not yours, but personally it rubs me the wrong way to see product promotion (by the supplier) in the general discussion. Cheers - Mick

Quote Originally Posted by WelderMick View Post
    Everlasted, mate - let your customers do your promotion for you. I know it must be frustrating to see your competitors brands discussed and not yours, but personally it rubs me the wrong way to see product promotion (by the supplier) in the general discussion. Cheers - Mick

It seems every post I read in the welding section has everlasted pushing his welders, Its a
    As Welder Mick said let your customers speak for you..
    Ya can't expect to corner the market in 2 months, These things take time.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Matt
    Warning Disclaimer