Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I just bought one of the new Stanley 1 1/4" "Sweetheart" chisel to complement my Lie-Nielsen bevel edge chisel set. LN only go up to 1".

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. For sure they don't have quite the same fit and finish of a LN chisel. The balance and design is very similar to the LN tools. I don't have a comparable size Stanley to compare to the LN but it feels about right for the size of the tool.

There are still subtle milling marks all over the surface. However, the back is dead flat. I think they are well priced for the level of quality.

Were there a choice, I still would have bought a LN chisel in this size, because I can afford it. However, I think Stanley have got it about right. I would recommend them.

EDIT: The first picture is the Stanley on the left and the LN 1" chisel on the right for comparison. I have only polished the back on the LN half way up from the edge. You can see where it stops and above that is how it comes from the factory.
    Last edited by markharrison; 8th January 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Additional Info

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

After nearly 12 months im really happy with the purchase. They hold an edge quite well and were top notch value for me personally.

Pacman, what did you pay all up including postage? I imagine you got exceptional value going straight to the source?

Worked out to be about 14 dollars per chisel posted for the wood line plus ( hornbeam handle) "bevel edge premium"

Hornbeam = heavy = 96 euros postage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234