Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

View Poll Results: HOW SHOULD THE INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT BE APPORTIONED?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • BY WEIGHT OF ORDERS

26 47.27%
  • BY VALUE OF ORDERS

29 52.73%
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Default Conversation with juergen miebach

Hi all

I rang Juergen Miebach on Wednesday night and we had a very enlightening conversation for about 20 minutes. He sounds like a terrific chap. We talked about the prices on his site and those from The Best Things (which are generally better). I have entered the TBT prices into the sheet and sent it to him for his review.

As I have said before, the prices in my spreadsheet are the Colt RRP only (which is what all manufacturers do. I have a very strong feeling that he is going to come back with some excellent prices for us all.

To give you an idea, when I mentioned that the TBT prices were sometimes significantly better than his RRP he said "Bah, that's only the end user prices".

Also, I have checked the prices available locally. They vary from branch to branch (up & down). There is only 3% of the total Colt range available in Australia, and this is 6% of the Forstner/Brad Point/Pen Drill/Countersink range.

In my email to him today I also gave him some marketing ideas (for sets) and suggested a short series and a long series of 5* Brad Points. The short series would be useful for drilling duplex and triplex holes (without having to move the head or the table when changing to a shorter drill). Same for the long series, plus also the obvious use. The short series would also be useful in angle drills. What are your thoughts on this?

Will keep you all posted.

PLEASE KEEP THE PART NUMBERS COMING.

Regards, FF

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Put me down for $250

Regards

Default UPDATE: Juergen is still away

Hi All

Just rang Germany (for about 1c per minute on an iPad - unbelievable) and it seems I got my wires crossed. Juergen is away until next Monday.

If I haven't said this before, keep the part numbers coming. I understand that those who haven't sent them are probably holding back for the real prices, but I would suggest you send your wishlist, as you'll probably be able to afford it.

Regards, Brett

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post

1. Carbatec's price on a 5 piece set of maxicut forstners (strictly speaking saw-tooth bits) is $169. FF's spreadsheet price $152.

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Bloody Hell this is a bit confusing Ern. The CT 2010 paper Dog shows the COLT-10801535 as no less than $299 (and yes I did read the "Heads Up Epic price drop" thread, but no mention of Colt). U R right about the $169 (Brisbane), Sydney shows $189, so I presume you checked Melb store, yes I just did $169.
    Noticed that CT has the 5 piece mm set on sale for $139, but only until 20 Mar.

Also the combined (going by the illustration) rotor stop 200mm ext + MT2 for $59

At those prices maybe CT should be given an opportunity to quote on the bulk buy.

For our purposes the A$ is going the wrong way at the moment, but may recover some ground by the time the buy goes through.
    Stay sharp and stay safe!

Neil

Yes. Though given the volume Carba-tec would almost certainly have to place an order with the supplier and that would introduce elements of delay, error, margins & GST.

AFAIK their overseas consignments first go to Brisbane and then are distributed nationally.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by NeilS View Post
    At those prices maybe CT should be given an opportunity to quote on the bulk buy.
    Neil, they only stock 6% of the Forstner/Bradpoint range (and 3% of the total range), and these are only sets, and only metric. No individual bits, except for the one and only pen drill. In fact their total number of part numbers is 13, and that includes 1 pen drill and 5 Zeromark c/s/drills. The total number of part numbers in this part of the range is 207 (388 + dowel drills in total).

Furthermore, when a supplier does special orders they always charge full whack, unless a discount for bulk is negotiated (and I know that's your point)

Furthermorestill (?), as I have said on many occasions the prices in the spreadsheet are only Juergen's RRP. When he comes back next week, I will call him again so that we can get our final prices. I believe that these prices will be sensational.

So, as Ern says, CT would have to place a special order, and put on their margin etc. This is exactly what we are going to do, without the margin.

Brett, next time you are playing with the spreadsheet, would it be worth doing a vlookup in a separate sheet to extract the order into a format best suited for you.

PS - have PM'd my list, I'll give Kiwibrucee a nudge to get his draft in too.

Groggy, thanks for your thought but a vlookup won't work because of the stupid $#%^@&%#%^@ imperial system. The part numbers are not in sequence. However, I have written an extensive macro to overcome this, and also to consolidate all the different orders for the same part into one line showing the various multiple qtys. It's pretty groovy, actually. I could send it to you, but I can't attach anything to a PM (unless you send me your email address).

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Neil, they only stock 6% of the Forstner/Bradpoint range (and 3% of the total range), and these are only sets, and only metric. No individual bits, except for the one and only pen drill. In fact their total number of part numbers is 13, and that includes 1 pen drill and 5 Zeromark c/s/drills. The total number of part numbers in this part of the range is 207 (388 + dowel drills in total).

Furthermore, when a supplier does special orders they always charge full whack, unless a discount for bulk is negotiated (and I know that's your point)

Furthermorestill (?), as I have said on many occasions the prices in the spreadsheet are only Juergen's RRP. When he comes back next week, I will call him again so that we can get our final prices. I believe that these prices will be sensational.

So, as Ern says, CT would have to place a special order, and put on their margin etc. This is exactly what we are going to do, without the margin.
    Fair'nuff, Brett.

I have no doubt you have it all sussed out.

Looking forward to those sensational prices.
    Stay sharp and stay safe!

Neil

Put me down for $200 please.

Thanks

Steve

Default Repetition of pricing statement

I will continually post this info for those who haven't seen it in other posts (I want to keep it near the top for newcomers, so please bear with me).

1. The prices shown in the attachments to post #1 are only the RRPs from the Colt-Tools website. I am fully aware that other sites may show cheaper prices. The Manager Director of Colt is Juergen Miebach, and during a phone call on March 9th he said "Bah, that's only the end user prices". He returns to work on Monday 21st, and I hope to finalise pricing by Wednesday 23rd. There is no point in talking about cheaper prices elsewhere.

2. If you have placed an expression of interest, then please also send me a PM with your part numbers. Please list them on separate lines (for ease of reading) and don't include any other info but the part numbers.

Thanks, Brett

....ssoooooooooo...what's the skinny, have you talked to Jurgen,,, are you tied up with other commitments, please fill us in.
    Cheers

Yes, I spoke to Juergen last Tuesday night, and he was going to try to get info to me around Thursday. I sent him an email on another matter this morning, and also prompted again for the pricing. He was away on business the week before last, so I'm sure he has some catching up to do, but we'd all like the pricing confirmed eh?

Regards, Brett

We seem to have unlucked in at a busy time for Juergen. I called tonight but he's been away again since last Monday and won't be back until next Monday 4th April.

At least the A$ is going in the right direction, but for how long??

Regards, FF

I would be keen for a very small order - about $30 to $40 worth (just need a few brad point bits). I would also be happy to distribute in NZ if anyone else from here wants in. (Provided that FF is OK with posting over the ditch).

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast