Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default The Good, The Bad and SWMBO

Tell us what makes a good / bad SWMBO, doesn't have to be a comment about your very own SWMBO, could be your ideal SWMBO...

Ideal World
    Good - Loves woodworking and understands the costs and time commitment required but doesn't have any interest in venturing passed the workshop door to deliver a cup of tea.

Nightmare
    Bad - Thinks woodworking is a good hobby if you can produce a dining table and chairs in a single weekend out of the pallets at the back of the shed after reading a readers digest article on the basics.:eek:

My Reality
    My SWMBO is very supportive of my past times although I think she feels I may have one too many. Loved the post box I made but couldn't understand why it took two hours a weekend for 4 weekends over a 3 month period. Probably something to do with the full time job and two kids we have. However she has "allowed" me to spend loads of money on tools and generally on "stuff" for my garage and also a tinny for one of my other hobbies. I'm pretty lucky she loves me so much but more importantly lucky she has a hobby of her own (Photography) which allows us to spend equal time to escape. Her darkroom was the first thing I built when we moved into our house, uncharacteristically cunning of me.....and the only thing she really has a pop at me about is my inability to throw anything away..cheap price in my book.

Tell us yours....

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

don't have a SWMBO ....

but the ideal boyfriend would ....

1. buy me flowers when I'm feeling down
    2. regularly tell me to sit down with a good book while he makes me a cup of tea and while he's in the kitchen does the piles of washing up that i've been putting off doing ( haven't run out of cups yet ).
    3. go with me to Bunnings even if he thinks its the most boring place on earth and make no comment about either the cost or necessity of my purchases
    4. hold the ladder even when I occasionally drop things on his head
    5. ask me if I want the compressor which I really really can't justify buying yet as a christmas present
    6. go and watch me play lacrosse - which even I don't regard as a particularly interesting spectator sport - in the cold and rain
    7. tell me I'm wonderful even on the days when the most biased observer would have me marked down as a bad tempered old bag.

you'd better not let your SWMBO read the next bit cos I'm raising the bar here ....

I figure I'm pretty lucky cos after a long, long wait I found me the ideal boyfriend
    no-one said on their death bed I wish I spent more time in the office!

Quote Originally Posted by jackiew
    I figure I'm pretty lucky cos after a long, long wait I found me the ideal boyfriend
    Good for you Jackie, I hope you live long & die happy

I'm still working on training my SWMBO. Some ideas are:

1) Should know with her women's intuition the correct time to make a cuppa and bring it out to the shed for a chat.

2) Shouldn't mind me coming in late for tea.

3) Should buy me woodwork magazines with inspiring articles on homemade jigs and other useful stuff.

4) Shouldn't mind me having 20 projects on the list, saying all the time "what if I made this...", and actually finishing something once a year.

5) Shouild buy me quality tools I don't need but lust after anyway.

Ah well, to quote (silentc?) "He's got his woodwork..."

Cheers.........Sean the obeyer

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Well, let's get serious with a SWMBO whom as soon as I wasn't able to to fullfill her fantasies took up with another bloke and I'm now in a rental trying to support my kids. Not all women are bitches but those that are make it f******* hard for those of us that wind up with them.

I figure I am very lucky because after thirty years SWMBO still comes out to the shed with a cuppa at smoko.
    If I have been working in the shed on the weekend she comes out on a Sunday night and we have a couple of drinks while we clean and vacuum the shed.
    One thing I have learnt is to never ask her for help if I have any red stuff flowing. She has an instinctive reaction to hit me and then she usually keels over.
    After about twenty years I promoted her to second year apprentice but you know what those second year apprentices are like. Know everything and are all too willing to tell you how to do it. She wonders why she hasn't progressed to third year!
    Cheers,
    Rod

Rod,

Let her progres then she has to do it, which will put her off wanting to do it and thereby getting out of your hair and shed!
    Cya

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Had dinner with a couple last night, he is an Aussie she is German.... her English is much better than it was when they went to dinner once and he got something caught in his throat. Instead of asking would he like a thump on the back she asked if she could "punch him in the face?"

The ideal missus? Usually seems to be someone elses.........

Joe,
    Good thinking I might try that.
    My dad used to say 10 years in a job is only one years experience ten times.
    Cheers,
    Rod