Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ok its been a while, i started on this a few days ago when i stripped it all back down to the chassis and started again. First i ground off the welds and straightened the chassis and rewelded then plumbed up the nuts that hold the wheels. Next i cut another top for the bench cause it had dropped putting it all out of wack. Today i start putting everything back in position and re tacking. Once the left side was done i started with the right side mounting the rear fender and tacking on the outer skin, then i cut out the metal for the skirt and bent it to shape. I also cut out a new grille panel before i left work. I also turned down the bolt head of the stainless steel bolt to see how it would come up.

Proud to be an AUSTRALIAN
    Scotty

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Good to see the progress Scotty.
    Cheers, crowie

Scotty,

I agree with Matte black for the hot rod. But you got to paint this truck candy apple red or a red orange color! If not then it needs a flame job.

Bret

Good to see this one back on the production line Scotty and I love what I see.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Thanks Bret & John,
    Sounds good Bret Not sure yet now i confused on what type of truck to build as you will see in the pictures following.
    Today i thought was going to be a great day got up earliy to go to Bankstown markets to get the cutting tools for my lathe after looking at the web site and it said it only closed 2 weekends after christmas so we get there along with all the other people and its closed NOT HAPPY, so we decided to go to the trash and treasure at liverpool get there and these not to many stalls then it starts raining so people start packing up and cover up whats on show so i go home wet and no tools.
    Next i started work on the truck so i mount the front guard and line up all the front end . next i removed the bonnet and weld on the grille surround up side down of cause, so i grind that off and turn around and weld on the right way then remount , next i check all measurement and tack weld all the panel but as i weld the front left guard it kicked out of square so i ground it off again and repositioned it and retacked it.
    Next i started making templetes for the cab and sleeper. Once done i started playing around with different designs, So now im confussed with which one , a semi, a tow truck, a jet engine truck so i need a hand guys what do you think ???

Scotty

TOW TRUCK!!!

Scotty you have a great imagnation. I am amazed at how you just mocked all that up with cardboard and your proporsitions look just right. Love the exhaust pipes. Can't wait to see this thing finished!

I feel your pain on a day not going your way. The last day I worked on my train which was Tuesday it started off good. I was making the sides for the cab. While I was sanding one my sander caught it and flung it from one end of the shop to the other. broke it into 4 pieces. So I glued it back together. Then as I was fitting all the cab pieces togetherI realized I made the cab roof to narrow so I tried to sand the other 5 cab parts to make it all fit. Bad idea I ruined all the cab parts and have to remake the whole thing.

Frustrated I decided to mock up the one wheel I had made by putting it on an axle and blocking the train up to the proper height. I then dropped the whole train on the floor. So then I said *&^%$ turned the lights off and went in the house. When I went back out later in the day I picked up all the pieces of the train off the floor and put it on the bench and starting cleaning and reorganzing my shop. Sometimes you need a break I guess. I am enjoying reorganizing my shop.

Bret

Thanks Bret its the first time ive used templetes i normal draw it in cad program cut it on waterjet now im not there no more its going to make it a bit harder. I feel your pain with things not going right and yes it is good to walk away from it for a while and do something else, Im also trying to clean up the shed, i have way to much stuff but i get there it takes time so ill be working between the 3 things the rod, the truck and cleaning, oh yeh and the wifes list.

Scotty

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Scott,
    I like the idea of a "Jet Truck" as it already has the lines for the dragway.
    The big wing on the back looks awesome, sort of like a truck racer.
    Which every way, tow truck or jet truck; bring it on!!!
    Cheers, crowie

PS - sorry for your wasted trip to the markets, maybe a tool steel job??

Thanks Crowie,
    I think it will be a tow truck so it can tow my rat rod, this afternoon i started on the sleeper so i cut out the metal and bent it into shape, once done i sat it in position then start cutting out the cab panels and placed in position.

Scotty

Today i started by marking out the cab windows and cutting out, next i drew the windscreen and cut out, next i cut out the roof then started tacking all the panels in position. Once that was all done i started on the back tray and lifting system.Im also confussed now with the exhaust stacks if they should be in front or behind the sleeper so what do you think.

Scotty

Thumbs up

Been gradully catch up wit things snce the Christmas break and finally go to this!

Great progress Scotty!! Everything is looking really good!!

Seriously impressive! I didn't realise the scale at first, I was kind of hoping it was child size. You need to scale this up and make it a pedal cart for a small kiddie, they'd be the envy of all their mates.

Our first hasn't even been born yet and I'm already itching for the day when we can create things like this together.

Thanks Artme And Cray the model is 900mm in length and 290mm wide and yes come to think of it it would make a great pedal car if it was scaled up.
    Today i changed my mind about the front bar and decided to make a spoiler instead . So this afternoon i started making after getting some thing done off the wifes list first.
    I cut out the piece of metal and bent it in the bender to produce the curve, next i cut the base of the spoiler and ground the edges round and welded in position then welded the top .While i was welding the plastic packers court on fire.
    Next i started on making the air intake, i found some copper fittings and copper tube so i put the fitting in the vice and heated it up and squared up the intake.

Scotty

Today i drilled the hole in the side of the bonnet and silver soldered it in, i could only do 1 today as i need 1 more 90 degree angle, Next i moved on to the lifting arm by fabricating the side panels for the bottom arm then drill hole and tacking in position.
    Next was the support arm i cut and drilled and tack welded, next i tacked on the chains.

Scotty

Seriously impressive,it really looks the business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast