Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You are really flying now scotty. It is looking great.
    Cheers Elderly.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thanks Elderly, Been working on truck last 3 days or so after work and getting a bit done but come up to post by time i upload pics i fall asleep, so im still awake at the moment so here they are.
    First i cut out the lifting arm braces and welded in then i made a pulley for the winch and welded on. Next i bent up some rod for the mirrors and drilled and fitted.
    Next day i continued with the mirrors by making a bracing arm of the bottom soldier and mounted, then i cut out the mirrors out of 3mm polished stainless steel and mocked up. Out of the stainless i also cut out a sun visor, next i flatted some rod on the anvil and made some door handles then drilled and mounted.
    Yesterday i proceeded the put a few scrap bits of brass and aluminium and steel and make some antanas and mounted to the mirrors. Then i drilled out the rear floor and welded a tube under the floor and made a ram out of stainless rod and then made some mounting brackets and welded on ram and lifting arm then positioned.

Proud to be an AUSTRALIAN
    Scotty

Excellent, fascinating work. It's really flying along now. This is going to look fantastic when its finished.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by scotty60 View Post
    Thanks Elderly, Been working on truck last 3 days or so after work and getting a bit done but come up to post by time i upload pics i fall asleep, so im still awake at the moment so here they are.
    First i cut out the lifting arm braces and welded in then i made a pulley for the winch and welded on. Next i bent up some rod for the mirrors and drilled and fitted.
    Next day i continued with the mirrors by making a bracing arm of the bottom soldier and mounted, then i cut out the mirrors out of 3mm polished stainless steel and mocked up. Out of the stainless i also cut out a sun visor, next i flatted some rod on the anvil and made some door handles then drilled and mounted.
    Yesterday i proceeded the put a few scrap bits of brass and aluminium and steel and make some antanas and mounted to the mirrors. Then i drilled out the rear floor and welded a tube under the floor and made a ram out of stainless rod and then made some mounting brackets and welded on ram and lifting arm then positioned.
    This is surely looking one smick truck Scotty.
    Love the extra details you are adding.
    Top marks.
    Cheers, Crowie..

PS - I hope the new job is working out well

Yonnee is offline Trailer Bloke & Mild Mannered Moderator

Man, you are just in another league! Awe inspiring stuff mate.
    Too many projects, so little time, even less money!
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds! Doing work around the home? Wander over to our sister site, Renovate Forum, for all your renovation queries.

Thanks for the kind word Yonnee much appricated.
    I Finished up fillin up the ends of the tubes and then grinding alll the welds on the lifting arm. Next i made the air vent door and acess door for the sleeper and put in place, then i bent up some rails and mounted. Next job was a recessed step into the side panels, i cut out the hole with the dremel then cut out one side of 20mm tube to produce the step then i cut out some panel to fill in the sides and welded in position.
    I then turned the truck on its side and welded some 3mm plate down the sides for added support.

Scotty

Today started on the headlights cutting out of 3mm stainless and welding bracket to the back and drilling hole in side of grille and mounting. Next i cut some more 3mm stainless and made tread plates one in side the step one on top, then i brought both the truck and rod outside and mocked them up tow truck towing rod. While doing this i had a visit from polair hovering overhead may be in the next street.Next i moved onto the warning lights i cut out of timber and ground to shape on the disc sander then cut and folded the centre section out of some aluminium.
    Next i started on the air conditioning unit i cut out and bent ribs in folder then cut out the sides and bent up in folder then welded all together and mounted to the rear of the sleeper, then i drilled and mounted the fuel caps then procceded to make and mount an antenna to the lights then i bent up and mounted the wiper blades.

Scotty

That's one hell of a Hotrod TowTruck;
    Great detail, Scott.
    Almost looks ready for the drags......Monster Trucks [Bandag Built]......
    Are you going to do the inside of the cabin??
    Keep it coming.
    Cheers, crowie

ps - Looks like the shorter drive to work is paying off in the shed.

Thanks Crowie ,
    No wont be doing inside cab will have blacked out windows and yes it has been great working so close, didnt get much done last week as was busy doing overtime all i got done was the winch and the cable then went to take a photo and flat batteries in the camera so that took a couple days to recharge the 6 batteries.
    Is everyone having trouble with surface rust on there tools etc it seems to have been really bad lately, when i did the air conditioning unit it had surface rust within the hour or so. I have also scored unlimited supply of scrap from work and there are two big lathes and a mill .

Scotty

That is so unbelievably cool

Hi guys it been a while,
    Been busy at work for last 8 months doing 60-70 hrs a week so no time for garage, so now im up to date and back in the garage to carry on were i left. First i marked out and weld the front rims in position then turned it on its side and welded the other step in position and all the panels in there final place, then i made a templete for the gap in the rear fender and chassis the transfered it to metal and welded in,and i also welded in support for the rear guards in between the rims to beef it up.
    Next i welded the rear floor in and the rear bumper in position.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scotty

Good to hear from you again, lookin good Scott.

Regards,

Frank.

In trying to learn a little about everything,
    you become masters of nothing.

Default I thought you said this new job closer to home would give you more time in the shed??

G'day Scott.
    I thought you said this new job closer to home would give you more time in the shed??
    Very good to see you back in the shed & on the forum; you'll have a lot of catching up to do!!
    Keep the photos coming.
    Cheers, crowie

Its always a good day when Scotty is back in the shop making stuff!

Bret

Thanks guys
    Today i made up spacers for the wheels to position them properly, next out came the angle grinder, first i went right around the whole truck grinding back all the welds. Once that was done i had a few highs and lows i had to get out then file with the body file the i went over with the disc sander to some out the grind and file marks. Basically the truck is now ready for blasting. A guy at my work, his father owns a panel shop and does soda blasting so im waiting for him to came back to work after breaking his ankle skiing.

IMG_8213a.jpgIMG_8214a.jpgIMG_8215a.jpgIMG_8217a.jpgIMG_8218a.jpg

Scotty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast