Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boringgeoff View Post
    G'day Bob, nice shed, so you've chipped the floor paint already? Better you do it than someone else, now it's christened.

Geoff.
    Cheers Geoff. It's definitely christened. That left over 1/2 L of floor paint is sure coming in handy for touch ups.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looking good Bob, hope the pinky heals up ok.

The old plan drawers are a great idea for storage. Are you going to build a bench over the drawers?
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by dai sensei View Post
    Looking good Bob, hope the pinky heals up ok.

The old plan drawers are a great idea for storage. Are you going to build a bench over the drawers?
    Cheers Neil.

Yep, I'll also get the drawers further up off the floor so's I can slide storage boxes with off cuts etc (ie crap) underneath.

Looking good - not as spacious looking now

Like the idea of the map drawers - was after a set myself but they wanted too much for them

What are you going to use the monitor stand for? I ask because I've got one and am wondering what it might be useful for.

Since it's mothers day you'd better rest the pinky
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Looking good - not as spacious looking now
    True - but wait till I open up the wall between the two sheds!
    This is happening later tonight.

Like the idea of the map drawers - was after a set myself but they wanted too much for them
    Mine were rescued from a skip at work. They appear to have been dropped because some of the externals are bent and some of the rivets have popped and they have a bit of surface rust, but the drawers still run pretty true even when loaded.

What are you going to use the monitor stand for? I ask because I've got one and am wondering what it might be useful for.
    I was going to locate it next to me DP to hold boxes of drill bits but its seems a but clunky.

Managed to get half the wall down between the two sheds. The biggest problem is not the physical getting of the wall down but finding sufficient alternative places for the "stuff", especially all the stuff on the shelves on the wall of the old shed that I need to take down.Anyway, I am now able to go from the old part of the shed to the new one without having to walk outside. I was also able to stand on the dividing line between the two halves and take a 270º panoramic photo.If it looks like two different sheds - they are - one is brand new and the other is 33 years old. The two supports in the middle of the picture are going to come out but before that happens I need to make a roof truss to bolt the two sheds together with.Then all that stuff in the old shed has to be temporarily shoehorned into the new one (or onto the trusty old back veranda again ) while a new floor goes into the old shed and it to gets insulated and lined. The big DC will go outside in an enclosure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BobL; 1st October 2019 at 06:44 PM.

Ahh - the old shed has that lived in look
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Can't wait to see the two sheds made into one. You won't know yourself with all the room!

Mick

I do have one question how come you have not put the dusty outside? Would this not give you a little more room to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    I do have one question how come you have not put the dusty outside? Would this not give you a little more room to move?
    It's happening, soon - I have to build the enclosure for it first. I should do it now because I can really use the thing now!

BUT

I am waiting for a demolition at work where 1.2 m x 32 mm x 8 m long tassie oak lab benches are destined for the skip ! and this will make a perfect outer sound proof shell for it

Default Nrb

I painted my shed with Berger as well and found that it became slippery with sawdust on it which means I need to sweep up a lt more than when it was plain concrete,maybe I should have used the paint which has texture.
    Anyone had the same issue?
    Regards NRB

Quote Originally Posted by nrb View Post
    I painted my shed with Berger as well and found that it became slippery with sawdust on it which means I need to sweep up a lt more than when it was plain concrete,maybe I should have used the paint which has texture.
    Regards NRB

Yes, I laid a T&G floor, coated it with 2 part expoxy floor sealer. When I sand on the lathe. the floor becomes an ice rink. A few mates for the dogs, a few non slip tape lengths and I can wander around without doing the splits

The timber floor is a godsend with lathe chisels
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nrb View Post
    Regards NRB
    I haven't dropped a lot of sawdust on it yet but when I have it doesn't seem that bad.

After moving machinery around and doing a bit of metal work on it it's getting pretty scuffed up so it definitely won't be an issue in the metal work part of the shed.

Not much to report for what has been a busy weekend. I finished the sewage connection for the sink in the shed - my nephew had started the trench last weekend but I had to redig half of it because it was crooked.

Then I spent a lot of time cutting up steel strap and rod and then welding them up into a set of wall racks to store metal along one wall of the shed. It was the first time I used the new shed for welding. It sure was nice to;
    - work in a fireproof end of the new shed and work with the knowledge that the fire risk has been significantly reduced.
    - Not have to cover the WW lathe with old lino so it didn't get covered with slag and metal dust.
    - not worry about the circuit breaker tripping out if the compressor started while I was welding.
    I'll post a pick one they are all done.

The other thing I spent far too long on was taking apart an ancient document scanner to salvage 4 rollers, and a nice set of 3" wide rubber wheels. When I say ancient - it had 1988 stamped on it and was the size of a large suitcase but weighed about 30 kg. I picked it up from the IT skip at work. Usually the IT skip is just full of old PCs but last week it had some other interesting other gear in it. The scanner was held together by hundreds of 3 mm hex screws that were all loctited in place. I'm peed off because I broke the ball end off my 3 mm hex key
    Last edited by BobL; 22nd September 2021 at 02:00 PM.

Default Most important item in the shed.

Well I'd say the shed is now christened as the most important upgrade has been made. The partially melted and heat deformed battery powered tranny (that was never the same after it fell in a bucket of water I used to cool welding down with) has been retired and replace with the following
    stereo.jpg

It's half of my old 1970s second hand stereo that has been stored under the house for the last 20 odd years. I bought it second hand in 1978. TEAC Amplifier volume pot is a bit noisy but it amplifies my ipod and iphone to much more than i need. The Sony receiver doesn't like being under a tin roof so I might have to add an antennae.

200 mm wide pine board shelf used to be in my son's bedroom up until 1995 and has also been stored under the house since then. Brackets are custom welded to suit situation.

I nearly gave or threw away that stereo a number of times over the last two decades but I am really glad I kept it now.
    Last edited by BobL; 1st October 2019 at 06:48 PM.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast