Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    I finally finished the top for the bench on the other side of the sink today.
    Attachment 172304

This slab was about 350 mm longer that the one on the other bench so I had to shorten it a bit at one end because it is quite close to the metal work lathe and I have to be able to get around the back of the lathe.
    Attachment 172302
    Attachment 172303

It's not exactly cabinet grade work - it's really just smoothed off with a belt sander, holes filled with epoxy, and surface protected against the odd water splash from the sink. It sounds heretical but the second bench will be use to fix chainsaws.
    I guess that the plinths are only temporary until the new ones are finished?

BTW whats the gizmo inside the space between the left cabinet and downpipe? Looks like a model for a classy dish rack

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wun4us View Post
    I guess that the plinths are only temporary until the new ones are finished?
    Nah - they can stay like that - they are gonna get the stuffing knocked out of them anyway.

BTW whats the gizmo inside the space between the left cabinet and downpipe? Looks like a model for a classy dish rack
    It is a dish rack - when I clean Chain saw parts it comes in handy!

Default More shelves.

I wanted some shelving above my metal work lathe to store lathe tools etc and being the metal working end of the shed I wanted to avoid using as much timber as possible so here is what I came up with.
    Shelvesmetal.jpg

The shelves basically hang from a 38/76 mm RHS which is supported by the roof trusses.

The botttom shelf and the RHS half of the middle shelf are made of 3/4" SS mesh. This means crap (and itty bitty stuff ) falls thru the holes but you will see below why I have done this.
    topviews.jpg

The other half of the middle and top shelves are jarrah floor boards rescued from a building site skip (yes with permission), they had some glue on them but my belt sander took about 10 minutes to tidy that up.

Here they are partially loaded up. The top shelf will be mainly used for Chainsaw chain and spare parts.
    loaded.jpg

Instant Lathe tooling storage.
    tooling.jpg
    tooling2.jpg
    The small wooden collars are to stop the MT2 centres falling through the mesh
    The bike drinks holder holds the oil can really noicely and includes a place for the spout to rest.
    Last edited by BobL; 1st October 2019 at 07:06 PM.

I like it, I take it you do not bike ride as much.

What a great idea with the shelving.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Cheers fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    . . . . . I take it you do not bike ride as much.
    Actually I have about a dozen holders in a box somewhere as they are one of the first things I strip off a bike when I pick up one up from the kerbside hard rubbish pick up.

BobL....................................................IT'S JUST TOO BLOODY CLEAN
    Warning Disclaimer

Too clean eh!
    Hang on I'll go take a picture of the WW lathe.

I haven't got my DC set up yet so I'm just running in off some temporary ducting. But it's too noisy to use continuously in the evening so I just let the saw dust pile up and then turn it on for a minut eor two while I clean up but this evening I just walked away from it.

Thought I'd get ya.....................................
    Warning Disclaimer

You walked so quickly that you stepped out of your shoes!

Ah - the tail stock seems lo line up better
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Ah - the tail stock seems lo line up better
    Yeah - spent most of yesterday turning that Sheoak bowl as a gift for some overseas visitors.

Today I spent most of the day jacking up one corner of the old shed that had slumped 120 mm in 35 years. It went easily enough, One acrow prop and one car jack did it easy. Then I made up some 3" diam pipe spacers that sit on top of the old shed posts. The piece in the corner was 120 mm long and the other was half that or 60 mm long. These are already bolted to the purlins, tomorrow I will weld the pieces onto the original posts - they won't be going nowhere in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    Yeah - spent most of yesterday turning that Sheoak bowl as a gift for some overseas visitors.

Today I spent most of the day jacking up one corner of the old shed that had slumped 120 mm in 35 years. It went easily enough, One acrow prop and one car jack did it easy. Then I made up some 3" diam pipe spacers that sit on top of the old shed posts. The piece in the corner was 120 mm long and the other was half that or 60 mm long. These are already bolted to the purlins, tomorrow I will weld the pieces onto the original posts - they won't be going nowhere in a hurry.
    Looks too clean on the metal end, but real good on the WW sideDefinitely a WIP, but is it a labour of loveor for love

Quote Originally Posted by wun4us View Post
    Looks too clean on the metal end, but real good on the WW sideDefinitely a WIP, but is it a labour of loveor for love
    It's dirty all round - Spent most of today making this truss that joins the two sheds together.
    truss.jpg

There is now a fine layer of welding smog and metal dust all over the inside of the shed.

I also put up some temporary pegboard - I want to put more shelves up in that spot but the pegboard will be handy for a while.
    pegboard.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BobL; 1st October 2019 at 07:10 PM.

That's looking like a shed alright.

Two things you've got in there I'm looking to get:

• a amp/tuner/ speaker set up; and
    • compressor.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au