Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Men's shed Adelaide?

I wonder if there is a men's woodworking shed in the Adelaide area? I will be dispersing my shed equipment in a few weeks time (cabinet saw, band saw, combo planer/thicknesser, router table) and I am thinking I would like my gear to go to a good home. Does anyone know of a men's shed in need?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default The SAhed

Hi Fencepost 2,
    If you Google AMSA, Australian Mens Shed Assoc. you will most likely find 1 near you.
    I'm sure they would appreciate those tools.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

There are most likley more about, the only one I know of is at Elizabeth road Noarlunga

As issatree said, google the mens shed association.

here is a short list of sheds in Adelaide.

Fold Away Shed (demonstration] 27 Conyngham St Glenside 08 8372 2100 3.64 km Keith Betanny Marryatville (Men's Shed) 146 Kensington Rd Marryatville 08 8366 4129 4.1 km Evan O'Callaghan-Reay Trott Park Neighbourhood Shed 287 Payneham Rd Royston Park 08 8363 4455 4.2 km Peter Smytherman Wood Park Men's Shed Kensington Rd Erindale 5.82 km Chris Allan Camden: Community Woodwork Shed 7 Carlisle St Camden Park 08 8376 0022 7.5 km Trevor Tiley The Project Centre -The Pickett Fence Community Centre St. Mary's Anglican Church 1167 Main South Rd St Marys 08 8276 5793 8.21 km John Brokensha The Henley & Grange Depot of Woodworkers 218 Military Rd Henley Beach 08 8408 1296 9.56 km Gary McGillivray Adam's Shed Kapara ACF 80 Moseley St Glenelg 08 8295 9900 10.51 km Josie Allen Ted Muggleton Community Shed 200 Bower Rd Semaphore Park 08 8408 1395 12.79 km Gail Roberts Trott Park Neighbourhood Shed 34 Hessing Cres Trott Park 08 8387 2074 17.04 km Julie Collett

What an incredibly generous thing to do! On behalf of all us mens shed folk. Thank you very, very much. Champion!

yes my mans shed is in need
    regards Michael
    enjoy life we are only here a short time not a long time

cookie48 is offline Old Fart (my step daughters named me)

There is a new Mens shed going up in Two Wells. Mainly supported by the local RSL, mostly ex Viet Vets. I am sure they could use all the help they can get.

Thank you everyone for that information, the Google of AMSA and the short-list from Adelaide and the info about Two Wells gives me a lot to follow up. Michael, I am not clear whether you are talking in jest about your own personal shed, or about a communal shed you are connected with.

Thanks again everyone.

i was jesting sorry i am an idiot was joking about my own shed sorry again
    regards michael
    enjoy life we are only here a short time not a long time

Murray bridge is setting up a mens shed with very few resources. We could always do with donations of unwanted tools and equipment. Any help would make a lot of grumpy old river men very happy

Thanks Zamubika, will keep that in mind when the time comes.

Smile Re Mens Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost2 View Post
    I wonder if there is a men's woodworking shed in the Adelaide area? I will be dispersing my shed equipment in a few weeks time (cabinet saw, band saw, combo planer/thicknesser, router table) and I am thinking I would like my gear to go to a good home. Does anyone know of a men's shed in need?
    I am the Secretary of the Triton Owners Club Northern Districts SA Inc. we are a group of people who make wooden toys to donate to needy children at Christmas each year. Mostly retired people, we rely on donations, grants etc to keep our woodworking club going. We are always in need of machinery, tools and materials. If you have not found a worthy recipient for your offer, please contact me.

Smile Murray Bridge Mens Shed

Hi, my name is Mick and I am the secretary of the newly formed Murraylands Community Mens Shed. We are just setting up and at this stage have absolutely nothing except a group of men and heaps of enthusiasm!! Our Council looks like providing us with a great shed, but we have no tools, chairs, tables etc. We would be most grateful for any assistance with machinery or tools. Our aim is to do community projects and build things to sell. We are working with local health services to provide a friendly and social environment for a lot of older men. Hope you or someone can help us out.

Thanks NewChipper and Zamubika (Mick), I will keep your organisations in mind when the time comes to close down my shed.

Thanks for your consideration.