Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Einhell Brand

Default Einhell Brand

I notice in the latest United Tools catalogue that they are advertising Einhell brand tools.

Has anyone heard of and/ or used them before or have a comment on their quality ?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Been wondering the same thing myself. It sounds like a German name - but probably made in China.

Had 2 Einhell brand, made in China, 1/2" hammer drills about 10 years ago. Quality comparable to GMC, lasted about 5 years, but got a lot of heavy use during the building of my house.

Just spoke to a mate who tells me that they are a German company but the tools are made in China.

Thanks for the input Big Shed. I might skip on their sliding compound mitre saw and buy the Makita one instead.

The GMC mitre saw I had couldn't cut square so if they're comparable to GMC I'll pass.

Just picked up one of those Aldi shop vacs (who wouldn't for $89) and the warranty and after sales support directs you to Einhell.

Don't know if they are the manufacturer, distributor/importer or are just contracted to care for warranty issues on Aldis behalf?

doesn't seem to be much info around about this brand.

Default I was duped.... or duped myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
    I notice in the latest United Tools catalogue that they are advertising Einhell brand tools.

Has anyone heard of and/ or used them before or have a comment on their quality ?
    Hi

About 10 -12 years ago I was in the market for a DIY grade rod type welder, saw the Einhell brand and thought that the it would be a good brand, German etc.

Regretably it was in my opinion, one step down from GMC.

No idea who sells / distributes them.

Regards

Even the blokes at United Tools hadn't heard of the brand before.

Sounds like it must be a new brand in Australia.

They have a website that indicates that the brand is German in origin and appears to be expanding to other markets.

They also have an Aussie website.

Ein = One, Hell = Hell???????

Loosely translated in German Hell means bight or colourful, dependent upon the context how the word is used.

Die Lampe ist hell. The lamp is bright.

I'm not a German speaker but I've been there a real lot, one does pick up things along the way.

Plus I'm married to a German, one could say it's been a helluva ride, or in German, a bright ride! (she won't be seeing this)

I also believe it's the origins of the German automobile light company name, Hella.

Mick.

Default Einhell

Went into United Tools today to look at a sander and the chap there spoke most highly of the Einhell brand. Of course he was trying to sell something!

The Australian Trade Catalogue states that the company has been in Australia since April 2010. With the parent company having 'almost 50 years of expericene'.

Tools are made in Shanhai "...with German engineers and technichians working on site to ensure the products are made strictly in accordance with einhell guidelines"

Also they had a nice router that I may be interested in.

Catch can find no reviews.

Help should we or shouldn't we buy the sander?

Sharón

Sharon, try this link.

Einhell Gruppe | Einhell Group

If you get German look for the English flag and click on that. There were a couple of sanders on their website, possibly they are similar or nearly identical to what you are thinking of.

They are situated north east of Munich near Dingolfing, about an hour or so on the autobahn.

I have no connection with them, but they seem to be a responsible company. My gut feeling is that they will probably come in slow and steady like many German companies that have been around for a reasonable time.

According to the Einhell AG share organisation chart, Einhell Australia Pty Ltd (Victoria / Australia) is 80% owned by Einhell AG Germany (AG = Pty Ltd)

Mick.

Sharon, did a bit more research on their website, thought this was interesting due to your comments from the person trying to sell you something.

Production

Einhell produces some products in house and has others manufactured by very capable foreign suppliers. Einhell has a global rather than a local market perspective. To achieve our main goal of offering our customers high-performance products at market prices, we have to operate worldwide. Our purchasing strategies cover the world market. We rely on local experts using stringent criteria to check the quality of the goods we buy. One of the most important purchasing markets today is China. Highly qualified employees located in Germany coordinate all of the company’s essential functions and optimize our activities to meet the high expectations of our customers.

They are in Collingwood, Melbourne.

Einhell Australia Pty. Ltd.
    6/166 Wellington Street
    Collingwood VIC 3066
    Australia
    Managing Director: Christopher O’Neill
    Phone +613 8413 4300
    Fax +613 9417 2715
    [email protected]

Mick.

Default Decision

After some more research we think we will be the Guinea Pigs and buy the ruddy sander and see what happens.

Interesting aside:
    Bought Ryobi sanders at Bunnings. Great for two weeks. Then I wanted some nice abrasive stuff to stick on them. No can do, they don't have stock, at Bunnings (any Bunnings within 150 kms). Went on the internet for two plus hours still couldn't get the abrasives. Here was me (new to woodwork) thinking that it might be handy to have a sandpaper on the sander . Anyway explained myself to Bunnings, they spent one hour trying to get sandpaper, gave up and gave me my money back on the two used sanders. Good service anyway.

Off to United Tools and see what happens.

Sharon

Did you try the Sandpaper man who advertises on this forum
    I got a pile of sheets and discs the other day. No need to go to Bunnings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast