Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    The guesses so far are : 31, 36, 43, 43 3/4, 48, 53, 63, & 75.

A great range of numbers and one of them is only one of the right number, but which one is that is the question.

I'll leave you all in suspense for another week and will reveal the answer next Sunday.

Peter.
    Now that's a real bugger you gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by NCArcher View Post

Well done NCArcher.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Close but no cigar.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

42 doors is the number I calculated. Commiserations on the unsuccessful entries.
    Is that including the doors needed to plug the entry hole(s)?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

I've been to busy reorganising my workshop, and it has been to cold to work outside, to do much on the woodstore.

However I've been busy collecting doors, framing materials and melamine boards whilst the council had it's hard rubbish collection.

Here are the photos showing most of the stash I collected fort this project. The melamine boards are in the garage and the rest is neatly stacked in the woodstore. I'll be glad when the garage is empty of all the stuff.

Enjoy.

Peter.

Default Workshop reorganisation.

Most of you will know that my workshop is under my house and due to the various stages of expansions has a number of interconnected but distinct areas.

Over the years my interests have changed and a number of large machines, which were seldom used, was taking up valuable space, so this reorganisation has banished the jointer, thicknesser and other tools to another shed. They will, in due course, be setup and still available when needed.

This has allowed my turning room to be organised and also the other back room will have a dedicated sharpening station as well as the drill press, band saw and SCMS.

Photos 1 -3 show the revamped turning room from left to right, photos 4 & 5 show the other back room and finally the remaining photos show the main workshop from left to right again around the room.

I apologize that the main workshop is not as clean as the rest but I've only just managed to clear the main workbench.

Peter.

In another life Peter was surgeon or a sterile room worker Peter its one of the first sheds I saw when I joined this forum and I am still impressed

Ray

Looks like a work of utter contentment, onya Sturdee!

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I do like using my workshop, especially the turning area. Did some turning yesterday and today, first time since the revamp and it was great. Everything to hand and surprisingly plenty of room.

Although the winter hasn't been kind, I haven't had to use the workshop heaters, as it is kind of insulated with the backrooms having two layers of 12 mm foam interlocking floor tiles and an anti fatigue mat in front of the lathe.

the other back room will have a dedicated sharpening station
    Tomorrow some work on the sharpening station, need to mount the on/off switch of the wet grinder to the front of the cabinet and mount a Tormek BGM unit for the dry grinder.

BTW the cabinet was another scrounged unit, formerly a bathroom sink cabinet.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    In another life Peter was surgeon or a sterile room worker
    Ray
    Ray I used to be a bean counter.

Peter.

Knew it...that accounts for all the glass jars and little jigger-me-bob placcy hurdy gurdies on the wall for putting many little beans in!!!!!

yeah you can tell you are very organized.

Quote Originally Posted by wun4us View Post
    .that accounts for all the glass jars
    I used to have glass jars but when I dropped them they broke, not very good in a workshop. So I use the bottom half of the 2 litre apple juice containers, amazing how many you get with only drinking a small glass at breakfast.

They are a good size, easy to see what they contain, cheap and don't break when you drop them.

Peter.

I used to have glass jars but when I dropped them they broke, not very good in a workshop. So I use the bottom half of the 2 litre apple juice containers, amazing how many you get with only drinking a small glass at breakfast.

They are a good size, easy to see what they contain, cheap and don't break when you drop them.

Peter.
    Good idea Peter, I'll keep that in mind, I have the same problem with the glass jars...not very nice trying to pickup many little panel pins from the shards and splinters of glass!!

Barry

Default Converting the bookcase for storage.

Started on converting the bookcase in Storage area 1 to proper solid shelving to take smaller pieces.

This bookcase, together with 3 other ones, I bought when I was in my 20's and have done sterling service, first as ordinary bookcase then converted into built in bar display shelves and now into it's ultimate use in the timber store.

Made from pine with plywood back it has stood the test of time and has paid for itself many times over.

I decided to strengthen the shelves by inserting a solid back and sides, then adding extra sides and finally doubling the shelves by nailing another to it. Maybe over engineering but as I'm using up old timber and recycled chipboard the extra materials was free.

Also using nailguns means that the labour is not too hard.

Picture 1 is the old bookcase before starting today.

Picture 2 shows the back and sides for supporting the first shelf.

Photo 3 shows it nailed in position, together with the extra side supports and shelf nailed onto it and photo 4 shows a close up.

Peter.

As the shelf for the next one was removed the photos are a bit clearer.

Photo 1 shows the back and side nailed into the bookcase.

Photo 2 shows the extra sides.

Photo 3 is the first layer of the shelf nailed in. and photo 4 shows the second layer nailed to the first.

Finally photo 5 shows all the shelves done.

This part is now ready for use. The width of the finished shelves are 800 * 230mm with varying heights and will be good to store smaller pieces.

Next the deeper shelves next to it.

Peter.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast