Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Next set of shelves.

Between the back wall and the bookcase I allowed for further shelves . The area is 1150 * 310mm, so after allowing for the shelf side supports it gives a usable area of 950 * 310mm.

I had already built the base so it was only a matter of building the shelves. The shelves I built about a year ago on the other side have proved to be very strong I'm using the same method for the new ones.

This involves building the two side supports using pine framing timber, then using more framing timber across and installing a melamine shelf. Then repeat until finished. A simple build as I can build most in the workshop and then nail it together on site in the wood store.

So Photo 1 shows the are with the base installed.

Photo 2 shows one of the side supports and photo 3 shows the MDF sheets nailed on to prevent racking.

Photo 4 shows the framing shelve support and photo 5 shows the shelf installed.

Finally photos 6 & 7 show the complete unit and the two sets of shelves completing the right wall.

Next will be the finishing of, finishing the ceiling and then the back wall.

Enjoy.

Peter.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Pretty good

but it looks like someone is coming along behind and putting stuff on them
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Pretty good

but it looks like someone is coming along behind and putting stuff on them
    As I build them I'm using them to store the timber and blanks that I've got stacked away in all kinds of places in my workshop. These shelves, just made, are already full and I haven't finished taking it all out of the workshop, let alone the stuff stored in the garden shed or the garage.

I need all the shelving in area 1 and 2 to cover what I've got and the last and biggest area will be for further collecting.

Peter.

Looking good and for future collection that's always fun.

Did a bit more today, leveled the floor and used the surplus Lilydale topping to cover and level the floor in the next area.

I also blocked of the gaps above the shelves as per photo 1 and fixed up the back wall as per photo 2. Using old doors, of course.

Gave it all a good cleanup and tomorrow I'll put the steel shelving unit I also rescued against the back wall.

After that I'll make a door to close this store from the elements and the first part will be finished.

Peter.

Peter

I've another solution for your storage problems

but then I'll need more storage - so can you come up here and build me some. Come to think of it I need more storage now
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    .......so can you come up here and build me some.
    I was up at Canberra last week for a little holiday, and that was enough travelling for a while. So, regrettably,you're out of luck.

Peter.

Yeah
    Canberra does do that to people
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    After that I'll make a door to close this store from the elements and the first part will be finished.
    What! Your making a door?

Coming along nicely; great transformation taking place.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    What! Your making a door?
    May seem strange but the kind of door that I want to close this area of is different from the internal doors that I've collected for the walls etc.

I want a semi open slatted timber type door that will still provide adequate ventilation. Amongst the things I collected for this project is a timber bed base that with a little bit of cutting and fixing will do the job perfectly.

Peter.

I think Sturdee is faking it all. The lighting is far too high quality for a shed/shop.
    What have you got for lights? I must be working in a cave by torchlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robson Valley View Post
    I think Sturdee is faking it all. The lighting is far too high quality for a shed/shop.
    What have you got for lights? I must be working in a cave by torchlight.

If you're referring to the workshop photos I have plenty of fluorescents and of course the ceiling and walls are painted white to reflect the light.

The main part has 2 double 4' and 4 single 2' lights and the back part has 4 single 4' and 2 single 2'. Might be a bit more than others but I can easily see. But I still forget and loose things.

The wood storage areas is all taken with natural day light and the inbuilt flash on my little camera.

Peter.

Nailed the steel shelving unit against the back wall, this completes the shelves in this section. So I have full lengths shelving along the sides and back walls.

Peter.

Default Making and installing a door.

As mentioned the door to close this area of is to be made of an old pine bed bunk base.

The door is slightly to wide but the right height and the openings between the slats is to big, see photo 1.

So I cut the base to size and nailed in a diagonal cross brace and extra slats. This extra timber is also recycled. Working on it in photo 2.

Photo 3 & 4 show the door installed and finally photo 5 after a first coat of fence paint to match.

All materials used was recycled, except for the nails and paint. I'm happy with the way the first area turned out as this was the more challenging one to do.

Next the adjacent store no 2. Hope you are enjoying the journey, any comments, questions and ideas are always welcome.

Peter.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast