Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    is it you photography or do the shelves have a slight dip to starboard
    Must be my photography as the shelves are level (or very close to it) but all the walls, roof and ground is at various angles.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    I can now get at the garden tools and have no excuse not to mow the nature strip.

Peter.
    HEY YEAH!!! What about that mowing...? it's looking quite shabby out there at the moment... do you want me to come and take a photo to put up so everyone can see you're not as tidy as they think you are

But the woodstores are looking mighty fine, and everything nicely laid out so I can come and take at my leisure!

Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by randmcnelly View Post
    HEY YEAH!!! What about that mowing...? it's looking quite shabby out there at the moment... do you want me to come and take a photo to put up so everyone can see you're not as tidy as they think you are
    It's fashionable to keep your grass longer this year, shabby is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by randmcnelly View Post
    I know, but I thought that you would do it whilst I'm poorly with the dreaded lurgy and what strength I have is directed to getting the back bench in the turning area ready for my fathers day present, being a mini lathe to go with the big one.

Peter.

I know, but I thought that you would do it whilst I'm poorly with the dreaded lurgy and what strength I have is directed to getting the back bench in the turning area ready for my fathers day present, being a mini lathe to go with the big one.

Peter.
    Good luck with that
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi

Thumbs up Finally some more work.

As my turning area is finished, at least for the time being , the dreaded lurgy went and then came back and is slowly going away, the grass is cut,the hedge trimmed and the weather is again fine so I started on doing some more this afternoon on the wood store.

The final area to be done has a long dog leg section behind the wood store no 2. After lining it's only 650 mm wide and is about 2100mm long as per photo no 1.

I first thought of ignoring this and closing it of but finally decided to line it and I'll build some shelving against the back and narrow shelves along one wall only.

So I started lining this section. I used one door against the back and three along one wall as per photo no 2.

I then started along the other wall as per photo no 3.

Photos are a bit bad as it's rather dark in that section, It was hard to see but later with the roof painted and a light in there it will be better.

Tomorrow I hope to finish that long wall completely and move into the main part of that area. At least I can see there.

Peter.

Thought of you today as I drove past a dismantled white melamine wardrobe (prob an ikea throwout),

Unfortunately I don't have a current use for it but I bet when I do there won't be any within 100km
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi

As my turning area is finished, at least for the time being , the dreaded lurgy went and then came back and is slowly going away, the grass is cut,the hedge trimmed and the weather is again fine so I started on doing some more this afternoon on the wood store.

The final area to be done has a long dog leg section behind the wood store no 2. After lining it's only 650 mm wide and is about 2100mm long as per photo no 1.

I first thought of ignoring this and closing it of but finally decided to line it and I'll build some shelving against the back and narrow shelves along one wall only.

So I started lining this section. I used one door against the back and three along one wall as per photo no 2.

I then started along the other wall as per photo no 3.

Photos are a bit bad as it's rather dark in that section, It was hard to see but later with the roof painted and a light in there it will be better.

Tomorrow I hope to finish that long wall completely and move into the main part of that area. At least I can see there.

Peter.

A veritable rabbit warren Peter; will you ever find the wood you are looking for when you need it?

I think I will.

Just look at my workshop with a spot for everything and everything in its own spot.

When it's all finished I'll organise everything along like with likes, small stuff all together, dried blanks for bowls together, stuff for spindle turning together and timber still drying out.

It will be an organised walk in timber store.

Peter.

when I visit I'll bring the trailer
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    when I visit I'll bring the trailer
    Goodoh. You're bringing your timber to help me stock it.

Peter.

Default A bit more progress.

Worked yesterday and today on the wood store and now most of the walls are covered.

Here are some photos of how it's going.

Photos 1 and 2 show the long back wall against the fence being covered with doors except for one corner.

Photo 3 shows the far end wall with the doors temporary held in place with clamps until the wall facing the garden is done and photo 4 shows the short opposite wall adjacent to the entry. This also will need some further bits near the entry door.

Photos 5 and 6 show the doors for the wall facing the garden cut and the side facing the garden being painted before fixing to match the outside.

Finally photos 7 and 8 shows the two walls nailed in place.

Next will be to finish the walls and paint the roof white but not this will not be this week as I'm getting ready for the woodworking show.

Peter.

This is indeed a work approaching art Maybe you could be nominated for the 2012 Sydney Archibald Prize (or the Vicwegian equivo). There's gotta be some degree of artistic merit and logic in this monumental effort!!

Default Getting back into this.

It's been a while since I worked on this project but I did warn that it would take some time.

Unfortunately my health has slowed everything down and I had to do a lot of other things as well so this project went on the back burner. Also being uncertain about my health my desire to work also waned somewhat, but my drive to finish things and continue to improve the place has returned.

I still can only do a little at a time and then have to have a rest so I don't overdo things, but many short bursts gets things done.

So this last week, whilst still going to the Men's shed on Monday and two hospital visits, I have improved the ground with a layer of compacted woodchips (I won't trip and break my neck) and finished the two remaining gaps in the wall and added cornices to hide my rough work on the doors.

Finally I gave the roof a couple coats of undercoat ready for painting. Already this is reflecting the light rather than being a dark and dank dungeon.

Some pics will come tomorrow.

Peter.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast