Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Norway Bomb Attack

Just like to inform everybody that a new member here EXTRATHORE was in the building next door to the Government building in Norway that got destroyed by that bomb attack a few days ago.

He says he heard the noise and his chair jumped. He and all his workmates in their building are ok but the whole City and Country are still in shock.

I would like to tell him on behalf of all of us on the Woodwork Forum that he, his friends and Countrymen are all in our thoughts in their time of grief.

Pete

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

This is very very sad. Just when we thought we've seen it all. The world is going crazy, even crazier the kill the will get be free in 21 years.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Thanks Wongo,

Thore will be relieved that he and his Country are not alone in their hour of grief.

By the way. this is the first time I have seen you here in our little section. You do realize that you have to show your credentials before we allow you in.

Me, I got in on false pretences. But you are exempt. Please do us the favour of posting your one or did you have to make another of your great Rocking Horses. It will fit in so well with our Toy Section which should really have a new definition.

Thanks for dropping in.and I know Thore will appreciate your thoughts. His father was a very keen woodworker and tinkerer.

So please do us the honour of showing some photos of your Rocking Horse. I know that all of us, including Thore will apreciate it.

Pete

Regards

Pete,

thank you so much for your nice words and your concern. It's been a horribly tragic and surrealistic weekend here..... We never thought this would happen in Norway which has always been considered such a peaceful haven.

Actually, I was some distance away from the explosion itself, about 12 kilometers, but it was loud even here. The destruction is massive, it will probably be several years before the government buildings are back in order. They might have to be torn down completely. 7 people were killed in the blast, two are still missing.

Still, the worst tragedy was the shooting massacre at the youth camp. 86 young people were brutally murdered by the same maniac that did the bombing in Oslo. The camp is not far from where I live. I got a bad hunch about the severity of it all when after reports of the shootings came in, an endless stream of ambulances came driving by and helicopters shuttled back and forth. Just horrible and surreal.

It's incredible what harm the work of one lunatic can do. It's a hard time for our country now, but I still feel we will emerge strengthened.

Thanks again, Pete.

- Thore

Tragic news indeed. so sad.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Unhappy

A very tragic event in any countryt but it seems much more shocking that it has happened in Norway.

Ana and I spent several days in Norway and loved the country and the people.

Our thoughts go out to all, especially those who lost loved ones.