Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Jason a couple of planks will do when we all come up for the opening otherwise Nick & Pat can lift the wheelchair up.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

OK, got ya .

Hi Every one, I've been a little productive over the past four weeks, apart from changing jobs, I've had alot more shed time. my front wall of windows is installed they look a million bucks! the sliding barn door got a major leg up yesterday, the rail was installed! I got some 75 x 75 x 4 RHS , cut a slot along one side to accept the bolt from the four wheel carrage. 2 x10mtr cuts was a long time on the grinder! next we welded some arms from the upright and hung the track. I still have a few packs of timber flooring left, I'll use that to clad the doors. should be about 300 KG all up.
    I have about 5 of these frames that will cover the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by jasons673 View Post
    Hi Every one, I've been a little productive over the past four weeks, apart from changing jobs, I've had alot more shed time. my front wall of windows is installed they look a million bucks!
    Sure does especially compared to my piddling 1500 x 600 window on my shed although I'm in the middle of adding another 1200 x 600 to let a bit more light in. Have to admit I'm really enjoying my air con right now - I guess that's one small benefit of having fewer windows .

Why are the doors so tall when a significant section of the top part of teh door way seems to be filled in with wall?

Jason looks great

BOBL I envey your air con, the concrete panels and insulation offer great thermal quailities and drop the outside temp by about 6-7 degs. but I still have the aircon on my wish list. the cedar windows I had were in 3.9mtr sections, so not much framing in. I've mounted the doors that high to get the maxium height avaliable, I'll cut out the Z purlin and corro once I clad the doors. I want to avoid the " If only..." If only I'd made it a bit wider, I bit taller, a bit stronger, If only I spent a bit more..... Ive had no shed time today due to grankid duities today. but hope to clad most of the weekend. thanks all for your comments.

One of the best shed builds.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by jasons673 View Post
    . . . I've mounted the doors that high to get the maxium height avaliable, I'll cut out the Z purlin and corro once I clad the doors.
    OK I get it - very good!

Hi all , a few progress shots of the doors, with the first coat of varnish, still a little more work needed on the rail, will have my ace welder back soon for an extra bracket or two. The doors run smothly with a little push, handeling the weight very well. still too put on the barn crosses, double rows I think.

sweet
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345