Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Gee Paul , I really hope not , but it seems there are some people hell bent on making it so.
    Regards Rob J.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Too Late Rob.

Tassie is already lost. Because only one side of the argument is ever publicized or discussed..

It might be different if the pro argument ever got an airing, but I have never seen that yet.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Well , we are doing our bit for the cause right here Paul.
    Hopefully the people who have been made aware of the true situation , and are in a position to do something about it , will.
    If nothing happens , it won't be because of a lack of trying on our part , but a lack of resolve by those who are in a position to make a difference.
    The Government , (thats the greenies) know what is going to happen in they continue their course , so if they stay the course , then yes , the destruction of Tasmania as a working , living state was their purpose.
    Regards Rob J.

Rob.

No one has listened to a common senses discussion in this state, since the early 70's.

Nothing will change now mate.

Bob Brown, as far as I am concerned is a traitor to this state.

I am sure his original intentions, may have been honourable, but the "NO COMPROMISE", stance he has taken with his minority following has, been responsible for the downfall of this state.

I will not back down from my opinion, as I have had to live all sides of the argument, as have most other Tasmanians.

Yours.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Like I said before , BB has lost me completely , I have no idea what he is trying to achieve , except to shut the place down , to all but tree huggers.
    Dunno how they will make a living .
    Regards Rob J.

I caught a bit of a news story in the ute , someone from the Timber Industries ? , or some such organisation saying that the Tasmanian Timber industry is in real trouble , courtesy of the current greenie/labor debacle.
    I didn't get it all , but the message was clear enough.
    Regards Rob J.

It seems to be all quiet on the Tasmanian front.
    Yet we have had 2900 viewings , up to 20 guests at a time , I've noticed.
    Rob J.

Perhaps with all those views, some one is watching, just so they can be the last out and turn off the lights.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Who needs lights , up in a tree house ?.
    Rob J.

NOOOO, tree houses Rob.

You would need fastenings into the tree, also you would actually have to CUT timber to build the tree house.

I am sure the "GREENS" would not allow such destruction of their Sacred Sites.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Well , they have been camped up in the trees in their protests , I thought that was "their" future.
    I dunno , its depressing , I'm NOT looking forward to going down there now , in November.
    Rob J.

"Tasmanian Opposition is pushing for tougher penalties for environmental activists who obstruct a workplace or damage equipment, but the Government appears cool on the idea.
    The Liberal bill will be brought forward for debate when Parliament sits next week.
    The Opposition Leader, Will Hodgman says the laws are needed because it has become apparent the forest peace process is not working.
    "Our legislation goes to those who impact on the workplaces of workplaces of people who are lawfully going about their business," said Mr Hodgman.
    "Nick McKim should show some leadership, he's signed up to be a member of the government, well he should be condemning this action because it's interfering with Tasmanian business."
    "Where the protests interfere with the workers legal right to go about their business there should be tougher penalties," he said.
    The push for stronger laws comes after a protest at Gunns' Tamar Valley pulp mill site stopped work for five hours today.
    The three men and six women who are members of the activist group Code Green had attached themselves to machinery to prevent the company carrying out earthworks.
    The Premier, Lara Giddings, says her opposition counterpart is "jumping on the bandwagon" by proposing tougher penalties for such action.
    She says the government is already dealing with the issue under the national occupational health and safety reform process and the Liberals would be best to wait.
    "We will have our legislation to the Parliament by the end of this year that looks at those occupational health and safety issues on a working site when you do have protests occurring," the Premier said.
    The Greens have indicated they would not support laws that restrict a person's fundamental right to protest."

I've been away for nearly 2 weeks , and this thread has died.
    Any news from Tassie ?.
    I did bring home more trees , for my boat building trees plantation , Australian Red cedar , and Hoop Pine.
    Regards Rob J.

Just came across this threaqd. I feel really lucky to have two hulls worth of green celery Top in my backyard....
    Might have to get a guard dog.....

Quote Originally Posted by dopeydriver View Post
    I've been away for nearly 2 weeks , and this thread has died.
    Any news from Tassie ?.
    I did bring home more trees , for my boat building trees plantation , Australian Red cedar , and Hoop Pine.
    Regards Rob J.
    Good to hear, when my Tassie timber runs out I am probably going to build with Hoop pine planking over a spotted gum keel and ribs. Not sure what I will use for the trasoms and thwarts but, given that these dingys spend more time on trailers than they do in the water, I don't think durability is as much of an issue. I do have some blackwood logs to slab that would probably do nicely...

This is really a disaster though for boats that are wet berthed. You really want Tassie timber for those.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast