Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Can we form a "militant", "extremist" group to have Pinus Crapiata,totally banned from Tasmania.

I laughed at the comments about AD lighting up.
    That is one of the reasons I no longer watch the news on television, my wife would send me out till I "calmed down", She missed me, eventually.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Paul I reckon AD's wife has probably got him worked out too .
    If she wants to get him inside for dinner , she just shouts down to the shed "Dear , there is some bloke talking about the WBBB on telly " , and he would be inside at the gallop !.
    Passionate about his wood , that AD !.
    And dirty on incompetence and corruption.
    Fair enough too.
    Regards Rob J.

Hi Rob.

Andrew and I are probably very much alike in that regard. Although I must admit to being quite a bit older.
    I have only met Andrew once and only for the very briefest of minutes, at the Wooden Boat Show before last.
    He impressed me as being a very nice person and passionate about his work, also very skilled.

I did not get to talk to him at the last show, as he was busy with other people.

"FREE TASMANIANS FROM CRAPIATE". Some people think I am joking.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Well Paul , I just have to think "would I plant it on my place?".
    The answer is no , so why plant it anywhere else ?.
    I've been in contact with the FT nursery , I'm getting seedlings , Huon Pine , King Billy , and Celery top collected together for me to bring home from Tassie in November.
    Regards Rob J.

Well done Rob.

Your grandchidren will reap the rewards of your far sited thinking .

I also suggest, Blue Gum and Stringy Bark. Used for keels and frames in boats. (Larger Boats).

Both these timbers will grow where "CRAPIATA", grows and are great hard woods for many uses.

Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

Well Paul I had 3 big Tasmanian blue gum trees put through a mill at my last place .
    I had to get permission , but as they weren't indiginous to the area , were on the fire approach side , and hanging over the house (and I threatened legal action) I was allowed to drop them , and I had them milled.
    I got a heap of 20 ft by 4ft by 4 inch slabs , some of which I still have .
    I also have some blue gum on this property , adult trees.
    But I could plant some more , no worries. Blue gums are a weed down here , but most go through the chippers.
    Stringy bark are in the Mt Clay forest , that starts about 400yds up the hill from my place .
    But I could plant more , and manage them properly.
    And yes , I'd like to think some time down the track someone would turn them in to a nice wooden boat , a boat with warmth and personality.
    Regards Rob J.

Hopefully in 300 or 400 years time, the current madness will have run its course,
    and they'll be allowed to be turned into a boat, with warmth & personality.
    cheers
    AJ

It would be nice to think so , wouldn't it.
    Trees will soak up some of the water , and give shelter for the animals.
    If you are going to plant trees , why not make them trees of value , and look after them.
    We have enough home grown eggs fruit and vegetables to supply ourselves , family and friends , and I give away most of my fish catch , so now I'll just indulge in planting trees for boat building.
    The horses are getting old , the oldest is a spritely 38 , so we will need less and less grazing in the future .
    I might have to take a vehicle over , rather than fly , so I can bring more seedlings back.
    Regards Rob J.

I'd like to hear comment on this !

"Tasmania's forest industry is closer to backing a State and Federal Government forest deal after a promise to legislate wood supply.
    The State Government will legislate to provide 265,000 cubic metres of peeler billets used to make timber veneer and speciality timbers to support the fine furniture industry.
    Terry Edwards, from the Forest Industries Association, says it is what the industry had been offered in a draft of the forests agreement.
    "Whilst there were words in the intergovernmental agreement about guaranteeing wood supply they were not backed up with actions," he said.
    The action we were looking for was legislation and that was what was in the draft IGA that we saw a couple of days before it was signed but was removed at the 11th hour."
    But the Greens MP Kim Booth has described the peeler log legislation as a sell-out.
    "I think it was a bit of a kneejerk reaction probably just to try and take the heat of the baying from the people who just do not get it, who do not understand that there has got to be some sort of generational change here that the industry of the past is finished and gone," he said.
    The Liberal's Peter Gutwein says his party would support legislation to guarantee the veneer logs, but he wants the Premier to explain how she is going to do it.
    "We will support resource security for the industry but what the Premier needs to explain is how she is going to deliver it when Forestry Tasmania says under the inter-governmental agreement it cannot be provided," he said."

And what about the greens comment !!!.
    Rob J.

Perhaps Mr. Booth should read and understand his parties policies.

14 "end logging in native forests except, once export woodchipping from them is banned, in limited areas where small volumes of timber can be taken from defined areas under strict conditions and for specialty purposes."

or do we understand that the Greens published forestry policy is just BS and what they really stand for is the first bit.

"end logging in native forests"

The problem I have as I'm guessing many others in understanding the issue is just what is the volume of sustainable selective logging and in this case is 265,000 cubic metres a reasonable and sustainable quantity for the forest and equally is that commercial volumes for furniture veneer.
    Mike
    "Working to a rigidly defined method of doubt and uncertainty"

Yes , I agree Mike.
    Also , no mention of the wooden boats.
    I think its a far from insignificant industry in Tasmania.
    Regards Rob J.

Any news from Tassie ?.
    Regards Rob J.

Nothing today Rob. I'm trying to line up a couple more meetings to keep on pushing.

AD
    www.denmanmarine.com.au
    Australian agent for Swallow Boats, Bruynzeel Multipanel Plywood and Barton Marine Products

Well , all I can do is wish you luck !.
    You make your own luck , of course , with work , and you have put in a lot of work on this , which should be totally unnecessary.
    And I believe there are a few others having a real dip too.
    I'm really hoping it all works out for you all , it would be a real shame if it didn't.
    Fingers crossed.
    Rob J.

Just wondering.
    What timber is used for the Pontville Barracks ?.
    I'm sorta thinking there will be a big rebuild job soon !.
    Regards Rob J.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast