Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Any Oregon available in Perth WA

I would like to find some oregon in useable sizes in perth. 27 years ago i fitted out a boat with the oregon from the dingo flour mill on the sterling highway 9 the one where the sign was reputedly painted by Allen Bond). there were shutes made of oregon that was approx 300 by 25. we were able to use it in so many ways, though some had been sandblasted by the flour so that the grain was raised.
    i would like some baulks or sized lengths for trim.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I saw some used on a roof the other day so it maybe worth looking at the roofing centres depending on the sizes you want?

They had used them in place of pine because there wasn't any pine available in that size.
    c2=a2+b2;
    When buildings made with lime are subjected to small movements thay are more likely to develop many fine cracks than the individual large cracks which occur in stiffer cement-bound buildings. Water penetration can dissolve the 'free' lime and transport it. As the water evaporates, this lime is deposited and begins to heal the cracks. This process is called autogenous healing.

I was in Morgan Timbers the other day, and they said that there was a shipment coming in very soon. A lot of it had already been pre-sold, so I guess you have get in there quick.
    This weekend I'll be picking up some that I found in the Quokka.
    There is a fair bit of recycled stuff around, you just have to be quick.

Cheers

Mick

I have also seen Oregon at Morgans however they didn't have the lengths I required for the spars so they directed me to ... I think it was WA ladder supplies or something like that in Armadale. I never did go any further then their website and subsequently purchased Hoop Pine for my spars from Austim in Wangara.
    My understanding is that Hoop is a good substitute for Oregon and about 50% cheaper. I shall wait to be corrected on that part.

I know this is an old thread but I'm trying to source some Oregon in Perth and I'm not having much luck. Austim are all out of 1" stock and I don't know of anywhere else. Is hoop pine a suitable substitute? If not what is the best substitute? I'm building a 16 foot ski boat so strength is pretty important!

Tim, I found some at a recycle yard over here in Melb (dunno any Perth ones) but you have to be patient to find the right stuff quality wise. If you look at other threads on this forum you might find info about substitute timbers
    Andrew
    "World's oldest kid"

Default oregon in perth

Google Whale Carver in Perth, I believe he has Oregon . I am going to see him this week so ring 0408927844 and I will see if he has what you want.