Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Hackersheds.

Default Hackersheds.

Moved here by .

At the sale yesterday there was a discussion about men's sheds and hackerspaces (same sort of thing but with girls allowed

Here's the link for the brisbane hackerspace : hsbne.org

I'm not a member myself but I've visited several times and I lurk on their mailing list.

They're currently at Fortitude valley although I understand the building owner wants to sell, so they're looking for new premises. Members have access to the space 24x7 via ID card. Nonmembers welcome for 3 visits whenever a member is present (regular meetings tuesday evenings).

There's a live video feed you can steer from your browser here: The Space - HSBNE

The hackerspace currently has a 3D printer, drill press, small lathe (AL50) and various electronics tools. They aspire to more machining equipment (members fees primarily go toward equipment acquisitions).
    --
    The IEEE has monitored this posting and affirms that no energy was created or destroyed during its composition or transmission.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi UNIXBIGOT.

A men's shed can take any form it decides.
    All men's sheds are differnt and driven by local communities or special interest groups.
    A men's shed does not have to exclude women, in fact lots of men's sheds have ladies days. But also many do not.
    Look to your local state body and also to the national body for men's sheds. Mens Sheds - MensShed Australia AMSA

Good luck with whatever your group decides to do.

Paul.
    Coordinator.
    TasmanMensShed.
    Last edited by HOOKED.UP; 17th October 2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typing error
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.