Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well I havent run mine anywhere near that long, but so far I've had no problems. I also haven't had to worry about mm precision too much yet, so can't comment on the backlash either.

I am trying to design a mould with two interlocking parts though, so taht might show up a few things, although I'm not quite sure whether it's even possible yet. Doing small, deep pockets seems to be a problem due to the bit lengths, and the last two weeks of rainy weather has kept me out of the shed, so I'm way behind schedule.

Russell.
    Pen Affair Craft Supplies - Cheapest Pearl Ex & Pemo Polymer Clay in Australia
    http://craftsupplies.penaffair.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

got the y axis sorted
    finished off the the MDF "cut mould " , with a .5mm deeper cut , the y axis mistake matters little because its out side of the mould , ( will still hold a vacuum )
    bunged a chunk of HDPE under it , and wow , what a superb material to machine , came out like a 120 year old's bum who's been sittin on a cane chair ( 400 grit will fix it ), got shed full of snow , but the finish , supremo

a bit hairy on 2 sides , but you can only climb cut on 2 sides

this is what i built the machine for , lol 20% paid off with those two moulds , now i have too share time between finishing the cnc machine and my hobby

hay "Rodm" , isnt about time you made a clock ? ( got some good down loads if you want a look )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ken,
    Mould looks good. Yeah the plastics tend to cling to everything with static buildup.

I buit my first machine to make a clock but seven odd years later still haven't done it. Art of Mach3 is doing some interesting stuff on clock making with Gearotic.
    Would definately be interested in anything you have.

I have been diverted from shed stuff being laid up for nearly a week with spider bite then had to have my trusty dog put down so lost enthusiasm for a while. Erecting frame for sloar panels today so I can continue with my solar projects - air conditioner this time.

I'll go back and finish the thread where I was askiing questions on electronics for a solar applications.
    Cheers,
    Rod

yer im lucky to live in NT , if it cant eat you hole it is harmless ( well will give you a lump for a week and a dead leg )
    i can see how building these things can be addictive , i had to resist on mounting a 5volt PSU to make it black out proof and get back to what i bought it for , looks like 6 months until i have this CNC the way i want it , and by then i'd have changed my mind

all the clocks i have are from a new freebie down load site called GRAB CAD

Most downloaded models - GrabCAD

just search clocks

about 5 decent clocks in there , as well as a huge amount of other cool stuff
    check out the office chick with no knickers

id rather you down load from the site i down loaded from , rather than posting them here ( copy right and all )

lol, at static build up , full on tropics up here , had to give up my high voltage hobbies once i moved here from the the " pilbra " wa , will be hard pessed to fry a PC chip by touching it with humidity at 90 % , ( no static what's so ever ) even have a 10 foot vander graff generator if any one is interested , it dont work in 60% humidity ( 75% of the year ) , i sealed it and filled it with argon and it works wonders , until it sparks end for end at 50,000volts instead of 300,000

Im on to it
    Cheers,
    Rod

[QUOTE=SawDustSniffer;1440912 even have a 10 foot vander graff generator if any one is interested , it dont work in 60% humidity ( 75% of the year ) , i sealed it and filled it with argon and it works wonders , until it sparks end for end at 50,000volts instead of 300,000[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, a Van de Graaff generator. I've always wondered how the average household manages to get along with one of these in every room.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123