Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default life is a bitch, then you die

Ok I retired early, I had Rheumatoid Arthritis and the mob I woked for knew my weaknesses. I was an ETU shop steward in a no great deal place, so the union was no help to me. The stress of this sent me into depression which I suspect contributed to my first bout of the big C. Several years, later after deciding that you have to be you, I knocked a bit of my nail off. In fixing that I had a few returns to the doc. I had suffered a cough for a while and asked the doc about it. Up went the back of my sark to listen to the chest. OOO how long have you had that,? was the question and my next bout of the big C began
    What is the point of this, what information is passed.
    Well its this. I have escaped so far twice. First time after diagnosis I sat for many hours on the computer looking at scenarioes. Going into hospital I directed what I wanted and was lucky enough to have a doctor comply.
    At one time I was sent to hospital to sort out my RA and the prof I visit stated this.
    " In the end, you are responsible for you". Amother great thing he stated was. " People tell me this or that works, If it rocks your boat, dont knock it, but there is no proof. And the third thing. Those who try hve a far better outcome than those who expect others to fix them.
    So now sorry I state it as it is, you may like me, you may hate me. But guess what I just dont care. Life is too short and bending to the wind is not a good option.
    In saying that there are limitations in everything,we all must respct that, so please look at balance in everything, the calm and collected view is the best option

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default hate?

I don't think anyone on this forum has this emotion regarding you or any other member.
    We are all entitled to our opinion and as most nations are generally split into several camps, so are we here.
    Life can give great joy and sadness and despair, but they are the emotions that make us human.
    Without experiencing them, we cannot get the most out of poetry, religion or human interaction and understanding.
    This is a 'f' terrible time of the year, but I find a good walk in the park, a few exercises, playing with any resident dags that approach gives respite and I suggest this.
    With whatever days you have left, enjoy the sunshine and a few beers and good food and if you can, do a little travelling, so that you see that there are a lot worse off.

Happy Christmas

Greg

For the life of me I dont know hpw you came to that conclusion. Hate is a negative, it doesnt work.
    And no I have no plan to kick the bucket soon. One cancer was 10 years ago, the other, with the hunk taken out of my back, is unlikely to return.
    I tried to impass the message that when all seemed bleak, with a backbone and determination you can suceed. I am now in a study as to how I beat the first cancer whilst most fail . My intent here was to show life is about living. cowering in the corner may pacify others but it will destroy your essence.

I got the impression from your first post, that you didnt have long left on this Earth.
    After reading your second post, I realise I was wrong, thank goodness.

I agree you must make the most out of every opportunity.

I am also a cancer survivor, it has certainly changed the way I look at life.

Carpe Diem .............every day above ground is a good one.

Regards,

Frank.

In trying to learn a little about everything,
    you become masters of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    I got the impression from your first post, that you didnt have long left on this Earth.
    After reading your second post, I realise I was wrong, thank goodness.

I agree you must make the most out of every opportunity.

I am also a cancer survivor, it has certainly changed the way I look at life.
    I read it that way to!

I am a believer in positive thought when it comes too your health and taking the mongrel
    approach to beating things and also finding out as much as possible on it.

Foo

Quote Originally Posted by FRB Design View Post
    Carpe Diem .............every day above ground is a good one.
    Unless you live in Coober Pedy, or something like that. However saying this, to dwell is to give up.
    -Scott

Every day, one day at a time. Enjoy what you have and don't dwell on what you have lost.
    If you have beaten the big C this time then count your blessings.
    The journey is different for us all. Embrace each day as if it where to be your last because...
    one day it will be just that.
    Until then... live hard and live well. Try to do no harm and love those around you.
    Kevin

Fully agree with rrobor's point that we should be active in our own treatment and take care of ourselves apart from that.

Too many patients don't, and expect the doc to provide the silver bullet. Trouble is there are too few silver bullets for the big causes of illness.

(Scott, nice one!).
    Cheers, Ern