“Most people I know think that I’m crazy” – Billy Thorpe 1972
“People say I’m crazy” – John Lennon 1980
“I’m with them” – FenceFurniture 2011

COLT DRILLS SECOND PURCHASE
With the deliveries from the first purchase all but done, it’s time to do the follow purchase. This will be for those who need to fill a few gaps, and for those who missed out on the first purchase. The communication from Germany may not have been good, but the drills are just too good to ignore, especially at the prices that we are able to get them for. Colt Drills (the actual drills) have an approval rating of 90% (from 18 surveys returned). They are widely regarded as outstanding drills.

I will be making the following changes so that this second round is quicker and smoother:

• All deliveries will be sent to me (or someone close by for me to pickup from) for collation and mailing
  • Germany will be able to simply load up a carton until it reaches its weight/$1000 threshold and despatch (rather than load nine separate cartons from specific lists)
  • There will be no pre-payment to Germany (even if the exchange starts to slide), and drills on back-order may be deleted from the order at my discretion (depending on how many)
  • As well as a 3% Exchange Rate fluctuation allowance, I will also allow a 3% contingency allowance. This is to cover additional (unforeseen) postage etc. Unused funds will be refunded as usual. There were only two minor shortfalls of funds in the first order (due to additional postage), but it’s just as well to be safe.
  • If the wooden boxes become a problem then I will have the drills shipped without them (they are being phased out in favour of plastic boxes anyway)
  • I have simplified the pricelist by removing the European price (which is irrelevant)
  • Now that I have some runs on the board I will not ask Groggy to collect the money
  • I have now included the freight component into the price of each drill, which makes it much simpler for all of us. Domestic postage is NOT included in this. The mailing method to be used will depend upon your distance from me, weight of your order, and whether I can mail to a cluster of Members in various cities. Generally I prefer Express Post bags as they are trackable and quick. If your order is very small and light it is smarter to use ordinary Parcel Post. The initial postage allowance for your order will be for an EP bag (regardless of order size), and adjustments will be made later.
  • Further to above, drills that have not been ordered so far are yet to be weighed “as delivered” and so some adjustments may have to be made. The weights list supplied from Germany has proved to be unreliable – see notes in the Pricelist. Ballpark figure for freight is 1 cent per gram.

There is another benefit to the last point. It has highlighted that the savings on sets may well be eroded by the additional freight of the heavy wooden boxes, and there are notes to this effect in the pricelist.

Some of our discounts have changed slightly (most noticeable in the Pen Drills), and there are a few corrections.

If you wish to place an order then please return the separate “COLT 2 Order Form” to me (or send an email if you can’t use the Excel sheet). My preference is for you to return the Excel sheet because then I can Cut & Paste which eliminates errors. If you have ordered before and your details have not changed then you only need provide your ForumName. Otherwise please provide:

• ForumName
  • First & Last name
  • Delivery address
  • Email Address
  • Mobile Phone # (sometimes there is an urgent question to be answered)

My email address is brettinkat 'at' gmail.com

After you submit your order you will be sent a PDF for confirmation, and then just before I place the order with Germany I will send another PDF reflecting the prices with the exchange rate of the time. This second PDF will be at the time of calling for funds.

For those of you who are not familiar with Colt Drills I have attached some specifications, and it is important that you read it, to understand the product. Most important to note is that they do not make normal twist drills for metal drilling.

It is my intention to submit this order in February, but please don’t wait until the last week to place your order – it is too much work all at once.