Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Lee Valley delivery

Recently made an order for a few items from Lee Valley. One item was out of stock and not due till 13th December. Order was dispatched 13th December (14th in Australia) for surface mail delivery due in 8 to 12 weeks.
    Delivery was attempted on Friday the 16th, and received on Tuesday 20th December. 7 days - 1 week from dispatch to delivery! Would have been less if we had received it on first delivery attempt.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Always good to get something early.

And if someone is waiting for a set of the spring mitre clamps from Lee Valley, some doofus in the Post Awful delivered them to me after crossing out the correct address. I took it back to my local PO & they made up a new address label with the correct destination put it in the system. Of course, cleverly, I didn't make a note of the correct recipient -D'oh.

Lee Valley also sometimes put parcels in the wrong delivery bin - UPS instead of CanadaPost (DAMHIK) and probably surface in the Air bin too.

I ordered a few things on Dec 29, and they arrived on 3 Jan. Amazing speed, given the CHristmas rush in the mail system, holidays etc over the new year, and the fact that it had to travel from Canada to Australia.

Kudos to Lee Valley for great service.

Trav
    Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen

Not to run them down as you guys got very good service delivery for sure but I put in orders on the 4/12 and 16/12 and still waiting. I would not have thought much of it and expected to wait 8 weeks odd except you guys happen to mention how quick yours arrived.

SB
    Power corrupts, absolute power means we can run a hell of alot of power tools

SB

Did you request the delivery Express Post, otherwise this might explain the delay.

Pedro

SB, I think LV utilises faster methods if they have surplus contracted capacity. It is unlikely they had any spare room just before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro66 View Post
    SB

Did you request the delivery Express Post, otherwise this might explain the delay.

Pedro
    No, I requested what the original poster requested i.e. surface mail delivery and they got it within days instead of the 8 to 12 weeks. Read to whole thread. I like LV and I'm not complaining, I'm only responding to previous posts that they got fast delivery for the cheaper postal rate that should have taken 8 to 12 weeks and the fact that not all of us are so lucky. It might turn up in a day or two or take the whole hog. Groggy, I agree with you, the Xmas rush and over worked system with no slack.

SB

The type of delivery may also be due to what you order, the size and weight, although I consider myself lucky that it arrived in days rather than weeks. For the record my order was for three light weight hammers one of which was not in stock when I placed the order. The not in stock item arrived when Lee Valley expected it to and then my order was made and sent. If the order had arrived in 12 weeks I could still not complain as that would still be within the time frame stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbunny View Post
    Not to run them down as you guys got very good service delivery for sure but I put in orders on the 4/12 and 16/12 and still waiting. I would not have thought much of it and expected to wait 8 weeks odd except you guys happen to mention how quick yours arrived.

SB
    Guess what, I'm still waiting and getting a little concerned.

SB

I ordered surface mail from LV for a box of clamps and it took 10 weeks to get here. I had completely forgotten about them by then )

Thanks pellcorp, you have given me more confidence to wait longer with baited breath.

SB

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Superbunny View Post
    Guess what, I'm still waiting and getting a little concerned.

SB
    Be patient!!

I ordered some items surface mail on 29th November and they arrived on Friday (3rd Feb).
    Kev

I am finding their deliveries to be really inconsistent.
    My LV mail orders have to come all the way across Canada. Not much compared with what you experience in Oz.

First pair of NAREX 1/2" skew chisels came in the post (Canada Post & Storage) in less than 10 days. Excellent steel, reground them to 20 degrees for wood carving. So good in fact, that I ordered a second pair, primarily for the quality of the steel.

LV used United Parcel Service for pair #2. Tracking # showed delivery January 27. Now Feb 04 and I have NO clue where they are.

Yes, it has arrived at long last my new Veritas Small Scraping Plane and it only took 11 weeks. I guess some get their delivery sooner than others but at least it arrived and I'm happy now.

SB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast